Blue Devils 2017 60th Anniversary!

Oh my god. I swear, whoever their artist is does a better job each and every year. That show logo is gorgeous. 

Show theme is interesting, very curious if this will be somewhat of the generic transformation kind of theme that lots of shows have or if BD will put a unique spin on it (they probably will)

I too am disappointed with the lack of Goodwin but I'm glad the repertoire is short and sweet. 

I always thought of Crystal as a great fanfare piece for an opener but the listing of the music suggests they're using it as their closer. Pretty cool

If you can't tell, I'm excited. 

• Like 2

Ok.......this is not what I expected.   But holy crap this sounds awesome.  Love love love The Triumph of Time, amazing brass band piece.   This seems......less complex thematically than anythhing they've done recently which I think is awesome.  It feels different, more conceptually.   Can't wait!   This sounds like my kind of show.  

• Like 2

Boring. But it'll win. 

9 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Oh my god. I swear, whoever their artist is does a better job each and every year. That show logo is gorgeous. 

Show theme is interesting, very curious if this will be somewhat of the generic transformation kind of theme that lots of shows have or if BD will put a unique spin on it (they probably will)

I too am disappointed with the lack of Goodwin but I'm glad the repertoire is short and sweet. 

I always thought of Crystal as a great fanfare piece for an opener but the listing of the music suggests they're using it as their closer. Pretty cool

If you can't tell, I'm excited. 

yes, Flight of the Bumblebee reminds me of a dentist's drill too. ha, ha.

kudos on the video presentation acknowledging the sixty years of history. Music choices sound great, some even accessible.

• Like 1

https://youtu.be/97yetpP2pEk

I'd rather watch this

Very happy to see them apparently change from the last two year's pandering K-Pop/Bieber selections.  Some solid musical selections, that will no doubt have some of the best musicians playing them.

• Like 2

I was right on the nose with the idea, just didn't know what title of the theme would have been. I JUST KNEW IT! The Auditioned poster gave me the idea, This signal a different direction for BD.

Sixty (60) IS A YEAR THAT REPRESENT another change or hallmark of individual life separate from being 20, 30, 40 50 and so on... we all have these stages that we go through and should go through them in the right order with understanding, in which that is how we developed and grow and transform, whether it be our character maturing, the era of the time in which we change adopt etc.. to give back what we learn through life. 60 is the elderly year and hallmark of wisdom and we become that for each other, from childhood 1 to 12, teenager to young adult 13 to 20, full adult 20's, full vigor 30's, years of reasoning 40's,  transcendence 50's, and 60's Wisdom.

BD is simple saying to us Metamorph is our change in time, going a different direction for the 60th land mark we've reached. celebrating our achievements in history ready to create more history for a new generation and time.

• Like 4

Awwwww, c'mon.  They could announce that they were doing "The Music of South Park", open with "Kyle's Mom's a B#^&&" and close with "Mr. Hankey, the Christmas Poo" and the collective drum corps world would have a woody that a Kardashian could do pull ups on.  :laughing:

• Like 2