2017 Uniform Thread

4 minutes ago, xandandl said:

not in most of these "united" States.

just kidding you Superman or was this your cryptonite?

No, I just live 30 minutes from Florence, Ky which is famous for its "Florence, Y'all" water tower. 

2 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Shouldn't that be these "Yoo-nites" states?

Okay, just because I'm southern doesn't mean we all talk like Donald Trump. :laughing: And no I didn't vote for him either. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dbg said:

I can't wait to see peoples reactions to some of the uniform changes that some of the more "traditional" corps are putting out on the field.  Reading the emotional carnage is gonna be great.......getting the popcorn ready.  :-)

Seeking enjoyment, and having some enjoyment from witnessing anothers emotional pain or "emotional carnage " as you put it, is no way to go thru life, Son. 

But... whatever.

Edited by BRASSO

22 minutes ago, dbg said:

I can't wait to see peoples reactions to some of the uniform changes that some of the more "traditional" corps are putting out on the field.  Reading the emotional carnage is gonna be great.......getting the popcorn ready.  :-)

As far as WGI uniforms/costuming......the designs are made to bring an identity to the theme/show not the group.  People might not like the look of the RCC uniform, but when you saw it in context of the show with the floor and backdrops it worked really well.

Troop jumped that shark last summer.  Will the sleeves be up or down on the cowboy stripper look this summer?  

27 minutes ago, dbg said:

As far as WGI uniforms/costuming......the designs are made to bring an identity to the theme/show not the group.  People might not like the look of the RCC uniform, but when you saw it in context of the show with the floor and backdrops it worked really well.

The only "traditional" remaining corps I can think of is Santa Clara Vanguard and Boston Crusaders. Who else did you have in mind?

10 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

The only "traditional" remaining corps I can think of is Santa Clara Vanguard and Boston Crusaders. Who else did you have in mind?

Well, the US Marine Drum & Bugle Corps is " traditional " and won't be in pajamas, spandex, WGI costuming, facial make up etc. But yes, these two DCI Corps ( SCV, BAC ) will be moving into WGI like attire soon enough too. Most fans that have not already drifted away from following DCI will adjust to the changes just fine, imo. But.. time will tell.. and soon enough.

Edited by BRASSO

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

A haaa! I knew those NDA's were a waste.

I don't know what you mean. Anybody thats even been following DCI for a year or two knows full well that these DCI Corps were moving toward WGI influenced attire. Whether its this June, next June, or the June after, everybody knows where the attire in DCI is ultimately going.Where have you been ?

19 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I don't know what you mean. Anybody thats even been following DCI for a year or two knows full well that these DCI Corps were moving toward WGI influenced attire. Whether its this June, next June, or the June after, everybody knows where the attire in DCI is ultimately going.Where have you been ?

Then I say Dan Acheson, Brandt Crocker and Tony DiCarlo have to ditch the traditional attire (business suits) and wear the spandex pajamas as well.

Cesario, DeLucia, and Reliable Rondo, not so much.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1