Sacramento Mandarins 2017 - Wow

I'm looking forward to seeing their show. Have a great tour, Mandarins.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2017 at 9:05 AM, GetOFFmyDot said:

This past Saturday (June 17), I went to the Sacramento Mandarins' Family Day show.  I was very excited by what I saw.

Over the past few years, Mandarins have continued to do better and better each year.  I fee like they made a sizable jump in size and quality about 3-4 years ago and the Mandarins of today are on another level than a few years ago. Since joining Division 1/World Class, I feel they are often overlooked (Their 2013 show was OUTSTANDING).  I think this will be the year they make a jump in scores and placements.  I think they will continue to turn some heads.  I believe they will be on the DCI cinemacast this year, and have an outside chance (depending how the cards fall) of making finals.  

Key Take-Aways:

-Mandarins are marching a full corps (150 members)

-Show theme is "Inside The Ink" which (this is my take, I have not seen a formal description) explores Rorschach tests and how what you see might not be what others see.  

-All sections are STRONG.  Hornline is HOT (go to their Facebook page and watch a warm-up they posted  - dang!), percussion sounds great, and guard is REALLY strong.  I think that something great about this show is that it is written just right - meaning, that while challenging, every section can be successful at a high level and will be improving at every show throughout the summer. Visual is the weakest as of now and will benefit immensely through repeated practice and shows.

-A special shout out to the guard, who is, by far the best guard the Mandarins has ever fielded.  A great deal of equipment work.

-My favorite part of the show is the Sound of Silence.  VERY effective!

Best of luck to them for a successful, safe, and fun summer!   If you have a chance to see them, definitely do - such a great corps!

I always enjoy their shows tremendously and especially loved the immigration show a few years back.  So, is it officially the Sacramento Mandarins? Because it is also officially the Seattle Cascades again.  I kind of like the geographic designations.  

I feel like tonight's performance at DCI West has definitely turned heads!    If they keep working as hard as they have been, Mandarins are going to turn a lot of heads this season!  

GREAT JOB!

• Like 4

Fantastic show tonight. I loved it all, potential is already built into the show.  Sounds of Silence was bomb-

• Like 1

Great job tonight!!! Don't let up!!!

• Like 1

From a Freelancer alum....

Hey Mandarins...

ANDELE ANDELE!! PLAY BALL!!

It's about time a Sacramento corps was back playing on Saturday night! After watching you guys at Stanford... you have the show.. you have all the tools. THey are right there for you to use. Work hard.. work smart. Stay healthy and most of all... HAVE FUN! I am pulling for you guys BIG TIME!!

• Like 5

The hope that this might be "the year" for Mandarins (based on nothing but hope and being a fan of theirs since the D3 days) is fully half the reason I bought tickets for night one in Allentown this year. The better half and I would love to see them challenge for finals!