2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

"What do you do with witches?"

"BURN THEM!!!"

"Ahh, but what also do you burn?"

"MORE WITCHES!!!"

"OK, THEN, HERE YOU GO!!!"

• Like 5

Just now, Madera Dons said:

I hope you all have enjoyed the show so far.  I had nothing but trouble with my reception from the beginning and spent the last 3 hours online with Verizon.  Finally the last service person was able to help me.  My first corps was The Cadets.  All seems well at the moment.  Wish me luck the rest of the way.

Ouch. Hope the rest of the evening is flawless for you.

5 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

No more choirs.  Please.  

The Cadets are a very good drum corps with a terrific winning history and this year was daring but reached too far.  I do not like the part in Bernstein's Mass where the lyrics take the Lord's Name in vain and maybe the brass should have played that part instead of the choir singing the words.  The Cadets performed at a high level in 2017 but this is not where drum corps should be vectored.  

I like it. I vote yes on Viviana, even choirs if it fits the theme of the show. 

• Like 1

Good luck Boston Crusaders! One of the most dramatic and effective closers of the summer....and my favorite (multi)talented vocalist of all the singers on the field!

Edited by POSITIVenrgy
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

I do not like the part in Bernstein's Mass where the lyrics take the Lord's Name in vain and maybe the brass should have played that part instead of the choir singing the words. 

I loved that they added that in!!!! Too each their own, I suppose. The "God Said" movement from Bernstein's Mass is an integral & satirical part of the work (whose lyrics focus around "and it was godd*mn good") and I thought it was a great way to set up the show!

• Like 1

BAC guard ladies in their little cream dresses just Dominate the field-

The men too of course..  

Edited by Cop

Next on the field is the Boston Crusaders from Boston, Massachusetts. Their 2017 program, courtesy of corpsreps.com:

Wicked Games
Full Moon Forest and Rising of the Sun – Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven, Ludwig von 
Full Moon Forest and Rising of the Sun – The Adoration of Veles and Ala (From Scythian Suite) by Prokofiev, Sergei 
Whispers and Accusations - Whispers by McNutt, Colin; Moyer, Ian; Zellers, Michael 
Whispers and Accusations - Cortege Macabre (from Grohg) by Copland, Aaron 
Tortured – Wicked Game by Isaak, Chris 
Hunt for the Afflicted – Toccata (from Piano Concerto no. 1) by Ginastera, Alberto 
Trial and Execution – The Verdict by George, Ryan; McNutt, Colin; Moyer, Ian  

• Like 5