2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

That flag feature, Oh. My. Gawd.  

• Like 2

UP ON THEIR FEET!!!

Wow! One of the tenors just THREW his stick 30 yards across the field! I think he was into it!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

Did you watch semis? Not trying to be a hater, but there were a few moments where one rotating prop hit its dot much before its symmetrical counterpart did. In the closer, I think one of the rotating props didn't go far enough to the left of the field 

They're doing a good job with them, but perfect is far from how I'd describe it 

I did not watch semis.  Every time I watched them, however, it's been near perfect from up top.  Granted, I made no mention of timing and things of the sort, but the picture is always spot on from the box when I have watched.  You run a huge risk of setting them up very poorly if you're constantly moving props around during a performance (see: Cadets 2013).

• Like 2

Vanguard’s show is another one that I’ve seen probably 6 times this year but I keep finding things I hadn’t noticed before.  Lots of layers of fun things to watch and hear.  Like the close up of the girl playing what I guess is a theremin instrument – first time I’ve noticed that.  And talk about fully exploring and executing the theme of a show!  Guard looked like a professional team.  Fascinating visual stuff and just amazing designing.  OH – and the music is full of variation and dynamics and different textures – just a magical show and what looked to be a perfect execution of it.  WOW!!!! You blew me away, Santa Clara.  Thank you for providing us with some fantastic entertainment!

• Like 7