Cadets 2018

ugh.....more like when you know you wont attract much talent in the hornline its much easier to find 5 good singers....

• Like 1

On 9/14/2017 at 11:48 PM, Ghost said:

"To be added shortly following meetings on September 10."   Anyone know what shortly means to GH?

Apparently about 15 days. 

https://yea.org/news/1792-cadets-add-to-design-team-for-2018

Edited by sunnyday72

6 hours ago, Shewhois said:

Just to make it official, I'm no longer donating or rooting for the Cadets. Hopefully some season down the road that will change

I'm highly unimpressed by the decisions being made. I'll take my support and cheers elsewhere until Hopkins is replaced. 

Obviously I hope the members have a great season - but I just won't be around to support it either online or via donations.

Many others feel the same, Cadets are being destroyed by one individual with (in my view) a God complex.

George.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Just to make it official, I'm no longer donating or rooting for the Cadets. Hopefully some season down the road that will change

OH SNAP. Did you leave your account open in a public place or something?!?

(I've made the same decision, albeit I was at a much smaller level than you)

2 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

OH SNAP. Did you leave your account open in a public place or something?!?

(I've made the same decision, albeit I was at a much smaller level than you)

the past couple years I've only donated a little, mostly helping sponsor a couple members online

But yeah - it's frustrating to watch. I just refuse to support it anymore, either fiscally or emotionally 

I have a lot to give - but it isn't happening until someone else is put in charge.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I'm highly unimpressed by the decisions being made. I'll take my support and cheers elsewhere until Hopkins is replaced. 

Obviously I hope the members have a great season - but I just won't be around to support it either online or via donations.

Many others feel the same, Cadets are being destroyed by one individual with (in my view) a God complex.

George.

Yikes!  It’s bad  if you are saying this. I mean I wasn’t feeling warm and fuzzy over the singers but then he announced the new program guy and I thought “FINALLY” he’s letting someone do it. What made you so upset?  Just the singers??

Edited by candymancan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, candymancan said:

Yikes!  It’s bad  if you are saying this. I mean I wasn’t feeling warm and fuzzy over the singers but then he announced the new program guy and I thought “FINALLY” he’s letting someone do it. What made you so upset?  Just the singers??

I can't go through another Hopkins inspired stretch where now the "choir" is the answer 

Last time it was voice and we as fans suffered through 2006, a lost championship in 2007, 2008

Can't take it. The show last summer (even with the young corps) was dumped on with late season "additions" by Hop - "can I get an amen" "mass has ended go in peace" the gospel "singing" etc... naked Jesus, the tarp with the jackets -- and very little time spent on cleaning the show. The resources poured into that should have resulted in much more come finals. 

Can't take it anymore. Sorry! It's terrible. Girlfriend hired as guard caption head and 7th and 8th and STILL HAS  A JOB?? Ridiculous

Clearly the BOD has zero power. 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 6