Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

1 hour ago, hostrauser said:

Hate Boston sports teams?

No, silly... hate the " haters ".

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Fans from losing teams always " hate " teams and their fans that are currently successful. No surprise there. Its mostly jealousy at work. Nobody " hates " the Kansas City Royals or the Minnesota Timberwolves or the Kansas City Chiefs or the San Diego Padres and similar and their fans. First of all, forget that these Pro sports franchises are perennial losers most years, there arn't enough of their fans to find anywhere in our travels to even begin to " hate " them.. haha!

I don't know about that.  As a Philadelphia sports fan, I hear a lot of disdain for us and we rarely win anything.  

13 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

I don't know about that.  As a Philadelphia sports fan, I hear a lot of disdain for us and we rarely win anything.  

Once Philly was mentioned as the city that even hates Santa Clause, It's been down hill since then.

34 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

New Yorkers. You gotta build a wall... bigger than Trumps.. to keep them out of Philly, and away from your cheesesteaks, and clogging up the roadways and their negative blather on Philly sports talk radio.

Edited by BRASSO

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Once Philly was mentioned as the city that even hates Santa Clause, It's been down hill since then.

LOL. As a Giants football fan, we used to drive down to Philly to watch the Giants vs Eagles. I saw Eagles fans throw a Giants fan of the mezzanine section. LOL. Guess that is why they have a court/jail inside the stadium.

But I digress, people do not like winners. They for the most part prefer underdogs, because in reality , in sports it is usually the same teams that win, hence the disdain.

A grizzled old veteran Professional Baseball Player.. a Hall of Famer... was roundly booed by his home town baseball fans for striking out 3 times in a baseball game, as he came to the dugout after the 3rd strike out , a brand new rookie up just up from the minor leagues earlier that day went over to console the future Hall of Famer. The kid said to the Veteran player.. " thats terrible that they boo you like that. I think its awful.". The old grizzled veteran player, not a particularly likeable guy said gruffly to the well meaning rookie " look,. just remember rook, they'll never boo a nobody reserve player. They'll only boo the great ones. Your job here is to get so good they'll boo you a lot and put money in your bank account for the right to do so. If you bat .200 here, they'll never boo you, but you'll be selling Fords soon enough to pay your bills "

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

New Yorkers. You gotta build a wall... bigger than Trumps.. to keep them out of Philly, and away from your cheesesteaks, and clogging up the roadways and their negative blather on Philly sports talk radio.

LOL.

I may be a Philadelphia sports fan, but I've lived in New York my post-drum corps life.  I get a lot of flack, but one thing Philadelphia fans and NY fans can agree on is that we both hate the Patriots...and the Dallas Cowboys.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tim K said:

All I heard from Crown folks this year was that they were all pretty angry about last year's staff departures, and as Indy grew closer, blamed the departures on not being a serious threat to BD and SCV. For this reason many refused to watch Boston Crusaders perform. They were also pretty happy about an Ott award and have high hopes for next year. If their brass staff is leaving, which pretty reliable sources are claiming is not true, I would doubt they are heading to Cadets. There's too much turmoil, and not enough creative freedom right now. 

That's their loss.  That BAC ballad was one of the highlights of the evening for me.

It's too bad their bitterness lasted the entire season and resulted in that kind of pettiness.  I will admit, I felt the sting of disappointment, too, and even felt a little bitterness towards BAC in the beginning.  It's hard not to feel spurned when you are so emotionally invested.  But I moved on, especially once I saw both corps perform early in the season (and recognized many faces in BAC's guard!) 

Everyone has to make choices that are right for them, including BAC, who is trying to lure the best talent to make their corps better, the staff, who want to maximize their profession, and the members, who need to take advantage of the limited time they have to march by choosing a corps that is the best fit for them.

As for us fans, if you want loyalty, get a dog.

Go Crown!  Go BAC!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

lol that's because Philly has a disproportionate/unusually high number of obnoxious/trashy fans. 

Boston and Dallas fans can be annoying, but I think Philly is the cream of the crop in that respect 

• Like 2