2018 Uniforms!

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Ok, I never meant to allude that your opinion does not matter to me. That couldn't be further from the truth. If that is what you thought I was saying than I truly apologize. .

no apologies neccessary, as I did not think that you do not value others opinions, including mine. I just mentioned that I disagreed with your opinion that SCV would look " silly " if they did this season's show in their pre 2016 attire, ie unis/ Aussie shakos, thats all. But I recognize and acknowledge the fact that others, such as yourself, believe they would look " silly "  in that attire and shako if they did so..

Edited by BRASSO

I have to say.  I haven't seen Cadets yet, but the photos I've seen of them on the field looks STUNNING!  Usually not a major Cadets fan, but this show visually looks breathtaking!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

no apologies neccessary, as I did not think that you do not value others opinions, including mine. I just mentioned that I disagreed with your opinion that SCV would look " silly " if they did this season's show in their pre 2016 attire, ie unis/ Aussie shakos, thats all. But I recognize and acknowledge the fact that others, such as yourself, believe they would look " silly "  in that attire and shako if they did so..

I didn't say they would look "silly" someone else did. I did say they wouldn't be as nearly as effective. The last time I thought a show was an absolute masterpiece for a design standpoint was Star '93. I feel the same way about this show.

6 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I didn't say they would look "silly" someone else did. I did say they wouldn't be as nearly as effective. The last time I thought a show was an absolute masterpiece for a design standpoint was Star '93. I feel the same way about this show.

oh, ok.. I do agree with you on SCV having a great show this season and with a great chance to win it all. I was very impressed by them last night ( FloMarching ), and thought after watching BD they had a good chance to top them last nite. Its early though. Lots of changes coming with all these Corps, so we'll see what happens. I've seen Corps make changes before, and the change actually was worse and counterproductive to their hopes for moving ahead, or keeping ahead, of others. Its just the 1st week. Its a long ways still to Indy in August. 

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I've seen Corps make changes before, and the change actually was worse and counterproductive to their hopes for moving ahead, or keeping ahead, of others. Its just the 1st week. Its a long ways still to Indy in August. 

Oh yes, I have seen that too. I'm not worried about that with SCV because they have a team of geniuses :) Are you going to get to see it live? Really remarkable.

8 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Oh yes, I have seen that too. I'm not worried about that with SCV because they have a team of geniuses :) Are you going to get to see it live? Really remarkable.

No. Won't get to catch either SCV nor BD live this season. The 3 shows I intend to go to, they won't be at. And can't make it out to Allentown nor Indy this season due to prior commitments during this timeframe. So Flo is my Go.

• Sad 1

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:47 PM, queenanne_1536 said:

things that can make a corps excel or drop is quite simple

Change doesn't always mean better ( as Brasso said )

more doesn't mean better

harder doesn't mean better unless done very well

listening in the beginning to judges is important ( depending on who and will they be there in the end )

arguing a point after a few weeks and still not getting through NEVER WORKS

ego needs to be put aside ( hard in this activity )

vision is great BUT look who you are working with  NOT what you wish it were

Challenge for sure  and max out potential 

WATCH TIME, the season isn't a year long. I can't tell you how many times every year I hear ," well if we only had another week or month ( WELL WE DON'T )

Work as a team , not separate from 1 another, not just about 1 section

Some don't believe there is  a formula to success, Yes there certainly is of course in my opinion and based solely on my own experience:biggrin:

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

things that can make a corps excel or drop is quite simple

Change doesn't always mean better ( as Brasso said )

more doesn't mean better

harder doesn't mean better unless done very well

listening in the beginning to judges is important ( depending on who and will they be there in the end )

arguing a point after a few weeks and still not getting through NEVER WORKS

ego needs to be put aside ( hard in this activity )

vision is great BUT look who you are working with  NOT what you wish it were

Challenge for sure  and max out potential 

WATCH TIME, the season isn't a year long. I can't tell you how many times every year I hear ," well if we only had another week or month ( WELL WE DON'T )

Work as a team , not separate from 1 another, not just about 1 section

Some don't believe there is not a formula to success, Yes there certainly is of course in my opinion and based solely on my own experience:biggrin:

I agree with and understand all you've said. These are things I know quite well. I'm not sure what your objective was in listing that all out to me. I'm not being a jerk here or anything, but it seems like you're trying to school me :)

I believe when SCV and BD add more it will only improve their shows, because those are the trends we have scene in the past. SCV really elevated the use of props last year, and much of what they did with them was added as the season progressed. Both corps have staff that know how to design great shows, have proven track records, and work well together. Of course, mistakes and misfires happen, but I wouldn't put my money on that with SCV and BD.

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I agree with and understand all you've said. These are things I know quite well. I'm not sure what your objective was in listing that all out to me. I'm not being a jerk here or anything, but it seems like you're trying to school me :)

I believe when SCV and BD add more it will only improve their shows, because those are the trends we have scene in the past. SCV really elevated the use of props last year, and much of what they did with them was added as the season progressed. Both corps have staff that know how to design great shows, have proven track records, and work well together. Of course, mistakes and misfires happen, but I wouldn't put my money on that with SCV and BD.

Oh don't take it personally, It wasn't meant for you. just in general. You would be surprised, even those with experience who miss many of those things when producing a program, Most often when there are issues, even is staff and MMs get it, Admin, alumni, etc. can get in the way

Edited by GUARDLING

Just now, GUARDLING said:

Oh don't take it personally, It wasn't meant for you. just in general. You would be surprised, even those with experience who miss many of those things when producing a program,

Thanks. Appreciate that. Sometimes it's hard to know on here. Yes. I can point out a great example last year of where more made it worse, but I won't :) I'm really excited this year. Haven't been this excited since 2012.

• Like 1