2018 Uniforms!

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Funny to hear people complain about truly androgynous uniforms. These people are the ones who seem to be focusing on people's "bulges" and having issues with men wearing things that are not traditionally considered "manly." Yet they had no issues with women wearing things that weren't considered "womanly."  Makes you wonder why they're focusing so hard on young men's bulges. Kinda disturbing. 

Maybe they meant to say they are focused on their bugles but typed it incorrectly.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Well, I think Cadets have to some degree, BD has. Question is WHY, Could it be done? maybe, actually probably but one should have the choice to do so but why does one have to? I guess the answer will never be 100% which just leaves those in charge to do what they think is best at the time

I agree with you about Cadets and BD, along with Cavies and Phantom...  As to WHY?  I never meant to imply they would HAVE to, but (again, IMO) "flavor of the season" type uniforms that drastically change from year to year cause a "recognition disconnect" that has the effect of (in general) increasing the anonymity from corps to corps - it's more difficult to tell who is who.

And yes, it is up to those in charge.  I understand that.  And I have enjoyed many shows over the past several years.  As a fan though, I must admit I miss having at least SOME visual continuity with some of the corps...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Funny to hear people complain about truly androgynous uniforms. These people are the ones who seem to be focusing on people's "bulges" and having issues with men wearing things that are not traditionally considered "manly." Yet they had no issues with women wearing things that weren't considered "womanly."  Makes you wonder why they're focusing so hard on young men's bulges. Kinda disturbing. 

Right? I wondered this too. 

17 minutes ago, gak27 said:

I agree with you about Cadets and BD, along with Cavies and Phantom...  As to WHY?  I never meant to imply they would HAVE to, but (again, IMO) "flavor of the season" type uniforms that drastically change from year to year cause a "recognition disconnect" that has the effect of (in general) increasing the anonymity from corps to corps - it's more difficult to tell who is who.

And yes, it is up to those in charge.  I understand that.  And I have enjoyed many shows over the past several years.  As a fan though, I must admit I miss having at least SOME visual continuity with some of the corps...

I think the corps you talked of that have somewhat at least had a morsel of their past I also think Crossmen have big time. With that said there are quite of few then, Oh yeah Troopers also. The others did they really have a consistent look? Hmmm maybe spirit to some degree, BK , I dont think so. and yes Boston did.

I didn't think you implied anything, sorry If it seemed I did:smile:

Edited by GUARDLING

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

these modern productions need modern performance-wear - and frankly this generation of mm grew up wearing under-armour and not heavy cotton (or god-forbid WOOL)

I do really hope Cadets go to a 2 uniform platform - the traditional M&G that is used for finals retreat, parades, concert settings etc (aka Olympic Opening Ceremony) and then a performance version. The extra expense would be minimal as the traditional set would last for multiple seasons (6-10?) since it will only be used a couple times per year. Fittings would be doubled but otherwise (IMO) this is a no-brainer for a Cadets organization with an iconic uniform and history. 

I like this idea a lot. 

3 minutes ago, johnpendell said:

I like this idea a lot. 

imagine the excitement for fans, alumni etc (and most importantly the mm) to march into finals retreat in the classic M&G - could be quite the moment IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

imagine the excitement for fans, alumni etc (and most importantly the mm) to march into finals retreat in the classic M&G - could be quite the moment IMO

Agreed, I can really see this happening too. KINDA like cavies in 2016 at finals retreat when they came out in their green version of the uniform. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

...and if they win, the audience gets to see the victory run of the show in the classic unis.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, c mor said:

...and if they win, the audience gets to see the victory run of the show in the classic unis.

ooohhhh!! :inlove:

us Cadets fans would be like

6259ac5e71c6d1c8dc831e36744fca44.jpg