2018 Uniforms!

3 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Thanks. Appreciate that. Sometimes it's hard to know on here. Yes. I can point out a great example last year of where more made it worse, but I won't :) I'm really excited this year. Haven't been this excited since 2012.

Sometimes it has to also do with Admin, alumni ( who have a say ) etc etc who can get in the way also. Plenty of evidence to that out there..lol

Lots of good drum corps out there top to bottom

Edited by GUARDLING

The no hat  trend is just awful. The hat is like the cherry on the Sunday. It puts the finishing touch on the uniform. And... I never ever thought I would see Vanguard wearing leggings and pajama tops.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, FlamMan said:

The no hat  trend is just awful. The hat is like the cherry on the Sunday. It puts the finishing touch on the uniform. And... I never ever thought I would see Vanguard wearing leggings and pajama tops.

How about the year when SCV color guard had outfits and flags on this theme about a decade ago?

Image result for Van Gogh flags, drum corps

7 hours ago, FlamMan said:

The pants are not leggings. If they were leggings they would be skin tight more like spirit. 

corps used to look mean... recognizable... standing together you knew who they were... they respected the uniform...they were the uniform... it was their identity... who they represent... people would buy tshirts that even looked like the uniforms or had the uniform on them in some cases... the hat, the plumes, everything was the corps identity....  now it is a mess (in my opinion) - it is just not the same.  I would have never thought I would see corps wearing spandex showing bulges and not wearing hats.  The mean look and identities are no longer there. 

You can change uniforms every year to fit your show theme sure... but while they believe to be adding something, in my opinion... they are losing a lot more or who they are and represent - the past, the present, and the future... not just the season 

Edited by dcibrando
  • Like 1