Muncie, IN - June 29, 2018

My two least favorite costumes in DCI 2018 back to back...

• Like 1

I actually like this Scouts MUCH more than their “12 minutes of anger” from last year. The show feels like it has the potential to have actual emotional impact, but it is not quite getting there at this point.

The first part, through the heart attack, is crystal clear and I think it builds well, though there needs to be way more “stress” in the stress section. Have individuals break out of the forms and then get back in. That’s all it needs to add some chaos.

After they get brought back to life, I’m puzzled about what is going on. The woman (who is wonderful) enters, and she reacts to them quite often, but they don’t react to her. The forms don’t move or modify when she comes near, no one looks at her, etc. Soooo, I’m not sure what her role is? When Phantom did the Into the Light show, every time the horn soloist played, it provoked some reaction from the rest of the corps, and it was really very moving. That’s an example of great audience communication.

If Scouts can shape their program in a similar manner, it will really start to sell,

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I can't believe INT decided to not show up today...... :)

Decided to stay in with the Couchmen due to the heat. 

• Like 1

I don't know if any visual design staff has ever put as much faith in their staff's ability to clean and their members' ability to perform cleanly than this group this year.