The Cadets 2019

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

The housing issues in Allentown, not just for East have been building for years. Now YEA isn’t to blame for all of them, but for several well.... non payment doesn’t get you follow up invitations. It’s why Hershey booted them 

I thought Hershey booted Five Star Brass Productions, and I thought it was simply because HERCO got more money for concerts in that stadium than they did for drum corps?  I admit, I don't know the intimate details, but that's what I was led to believe.  

2 hours ago, Tommeee said:

I thought Hershey booted Five Star Brass Productions, and I thought it was simply because HERCO got more money for concerts in that stadium than they did for drum corps?  I admit, I don't know the intimate details, but that's what I was led to believe.  

well...no. YEA continued to run stuff, mostly band til 2008 at Hershey. the issue with Hershey and 5 star was that Hershey decided to run a concert in the stadium that was already booked, and tried to move the show into the arena...uh no. So 5 Star sued, and amazingly lost ( i was in the court room covering it for DCW and you can find stuff on here). Acheson even testified over the phone saying there was no way Dci could trust the venue if thats how they conducted business. despite the bad press it gave Hershey locally, groups still used it for scholastic stuff, which that was where USBands or whatever the name was that year ran PA States for a few years. They skipped out on the bill, and created the opening for TOB to move in, tho we can not get Saturdays as the PIAA will pay triple what we pay to rent the stadium, even if it sits empty

Had only the season gone a week longer or that the Carrot Crew wasn't so busy making the special potions to beat the norovirus and tour plague, they were planning something special to thank Holy Voice:  https://youtu.be/lsSPQ63UrIc     Would have been most interesting in Indy.

Edited by xandandl

31 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Holy Voice:  https://youtu.be/lsSPQ63UrIc     Would have been most interesting in Indy.

Icelandic Cod Fish Recipe? Bookmarked it for later reference, looks great but in Indy I don't know, maybe if finals were in Boston again. 

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Icelandic Cod Fish Recipe? Bookmarked it for later reference, looks great but in Indy I don't know, maybe if finals were in Boston again. 

The cod came in on the same flight that I did.

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

Maybe but they don't like to fly how did you convince them.

6 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Oh I get it now, I am so slow. You mean the Cod Family from Iceland that live on the other side of Billy Joel in Oyster Bay.

12 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Please xandandl these Blue Moons are getting to me. I think you have something important to share with us and always look forward to your insight, a good link would be helpful. Wife just caught me rifling through the freezer for some cod, never cook that stuff right the link will not go to waste.

Happy 100th birthday, Leonard Bernstein! We are grateful for your compositional contributions that have since defined the Cadets' distinct style!

• Like 1