Carolina Crown 2016

C2Z4asG.png

I wanted to say "Great", but it's been a decade or two since I saw an episode, so I didn't want to give it too high praise.

This is the first thing I thought as well - very steampunk.

I totally agree, that's why I mentioned "The Wild, Wild, West" television show. According to the Wiki about the show

"The show also featured a number of fantasy elements, such as the technologically advanced devices used by the agents and their adversaries. The combination of the Victorian era time-frame and the use of Verne-esque technology has inspired some to give the show credit as being one of the more "visible" origins of the steampunk subculture. These elements were accentuated even more in the 1999 movie adaptation.

Despite high ratings, the series was cancelled near the end of its fourth season as a concession to Congress over television violence.""

At any rate, we'll get the real title facebook monday! I'm a bit excited as I like the music.

P.S.

I can't wait to see what the guard does as "Doctor Loveless" and "Doctor Faustina"....

Edited by jjeffeory

And if you look at the "high noon" image closely, you can see that the person is looking over a "western" town with a lot of obvious technology in the background.

Relentlessly trying to refresh the Crown site....

13230300_10154174377827641_3449326974703

Gotta say that my first reaction was: "Who the heck is "Helen Hess"????

Helen Hays was a great actress back in the day.

Carolina Crown 2016: RELENTLESS

“Vengeance is in my heart, death in my hand, Blood and revenge are hammering in my head." –William Shakespeare

Modeled after Shakespeare’s Hamlet, inspired by Homer’s Iliad, and borrowing from Goldman’s The Princess Bride, Carolina Crown weaves a tale of revenge through the visual and sonic perspective of a timeless Spaghetti Western.

Driven by sorrow and anger, the performers deliver initial heartbreak, a physical and emotional journey to right a wrong, and ultimately, the moment of truth . . .vigilante justice.

As this universal theme often demonstrates, the fire ignited by avenging the death of a loved one is a passion that cannot be slowed, stopped, nor denied. There is a machine-like pursuit with laser focus and existential purpose.

Carolina Crown 2016 is RELENTLESS

Musical selections include:

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly – Ennio Morricone

The Ecstasy of Gold – Ennio Morricone

Medea’s Dance of Vengeance, Op. 23a – Samuel Barber

Journey of the Lone Wolf – Simon Dobson

El Tango de Roxanne – Sting, Craig Pearce, Baz Luhrmann, Mariano Mores

Hallelujah – Leonard Cohen

Il Triello (The Trio) – Ennio Morricone

Equilibrium – Paul Lovatt-Cooper