320 members have voted

1. 1. Will The Academy make finals?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only complaint with Academy not doing a full tour is that more people won't get to see them and make this a better discussion. If they can ... and the scores certainly say it's possible, if not likely ... then more power to them. The more good, solid Div.I corps, the better!!

One thing though -- I do NOT like how they were seeded for this weekend's San Antonio show. They're going on AFTER Spirit, a corps which made "Finals" last Saturday night in Atlanta. In my opinion, Academy should have been made to go first, before Pioneer. If you're not going to come to Atlanta, and the San Antonio seedings are based on the Atlanta scores, then Academy should be on first ... now, I'm not saying that they couldn't still make top four that morning and make it to the night show, but it sure would be difficult.

Kind of like Magic having to go on early in Quarterfinals as the Div.2 champs in 2002 or whatever it was ...

Mandarins and PC no

12 Glassmen 77.90

----------------------------

13 Spirit from JSU 76.90

14 Pacific Crest 75.65

15 Mandarins 75.13

16 Blue Stars 74.85

17 Crossmen 74.30

----------------------------

18 Madison Scouts 73.80

They are currently ranked higher than Blue Stars, Xmen, and Madison. I'd say yes.

If anything, I'd say Crossmen and Madison are out of it. Who knows though.

Edited by dciguy01

My only complaint with Academy not doing a full tour is that more people won't get to see them and make this a better discussion. If they can ... and the scores certainly say it's possible, if not likely ... then more power to them. The more good, solid Div.I corps, the better!!

One thing though -- I do NOT like how they were seeded for this weekend's San Antonio show. They're going on AFTER Spirit, a corps which made "Finals" last Saturday night in Atlanta. In my opinion, Academy should have been made to go first, before Pioneer. If you're not going to come to Atlanta, and the San Antonio seedings are based on the Atlanta scores, then Academy should be on first ... now, I'm not saying that they couldn't still make top four that morning and make it to the night show, but it sure would be difficult.

Kind of like Magic having to go on early in Quarterfinals as the Div.2 champs in 2002 or whatever it was ...

Seeding for this weekend really SHOULD HAVE BEEN based on where one placed at last weekends show in Atlanta. If a corps opts not do to the Regional..then those groups should have to perform first. I'm kinda surprised as a Regional Event should have a major pull in your performance times from the regional the weekend before. :rolleyes::beer::beer:

aaahahaha... the iHonk shirt i bought from spirit just got a lot awesomer. and yes, that's a word.

people said it couldn't be done last year, and it was. time will tell, but i have faith and i am so proud of them.

I thought i heard from some friends that I have out in cali that the show on saturday that Academy was at, was also part of placement for SA... is this true? If not sorry, and I don't want to start more drama than there already is.

Yes, that is true. I mentioned it in another thread, and got bashed. Everyone told me I was wrong... but nope. Don't underestimate me!!! Hahaha.