Second Impressions...

Santa Clara's 2006 show.

The first time I saw it, I didn't think much of it; now it's one of my favorites. I certianly like it A LOT more than some of the shows ranked above it.

The same goes for Phantom's 1989 show. I really didn't think too much of it when I saw it because I loved SCV's show so much. Now, I think I might be in that boat that thinks Phantom got the shaft that year.

Edited by dccorpsfan

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets 2000 & 2001.

You didn't like 2001? They were great that year!

BD '00. I didn't like it because they were beating an incredible Cavalier's show. Then I didn't like it because they were beating an amazing SCV show. In retrospect, they finished where they should have (SCV was dirty, dirty, dirty!) and I wish I had appreciated it when I saw it live. On DVD/CD, it quickly became one of my favorite BD shows of all time!

Probably my biggest one is Crown 2004. I didn't listen to that at all until about December after seeing it on the field a few times and in Denver.

The opener grew on me first, and I managed to almost make it all the way through it. I decided to give it a chance and watch it as objectively as I could.

Now, I listen to it fairly regularly.

...I still fast forward through the beatnik poetry explosion, though. Some things can't be forgiven. :P

SCV 96 and Cadets 99. I wouldn't say I hated either show, but these are definitely two I didn't care for at first, but now enjoy quite a bit, though Cadets percussion had a rough year in 1999.

Star 93

Star 92

Star 91

SCV 03

Cadets 03

BD 94

Cadets 88