"An Athlete of God"

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to what I hear on the APD from San Antonio it's "An Athlete, A God." There is NO mistake about that. I realize what is in the Martha Graham text, but that is not what they are saying.

I have never had a problem with this aspect of their narration anyway. I have more issues with the closer. The Athlete and God stuff is used well, IMO, and I think most people get what they are referring to.

jwllis35, Give it up! read the quote. Next time you see the cadets listen again. :P

Go Bloo, Go Blue, Go Cadets!

You give it up. I have the APD from San Antonio. It is clear and accurate. She says "an athlete, (pause) a God." Period. I highly doubt the cadets have changed this from that show. It's not a matter of what the text says from the Martha Graham quote, the Cadets may have altered all kinds of things.

According to what I hear on the APD from San Antonio it's "An Athlete, A God." There is NO mistake about that. I realize what is in the Martha Graham text, but that is not what they are saying.

I have never had a problem with this aspect of their narration anyway. I have more issues with the closer. The Athlete and God stuff is used well, IMO, and I think most people get what they are referring to.

I agree that it is used well, but you are not correct. It is quite clearly "An athlete of God". I'm listening to the APD to, right now, and it is true there is a pause. Nonetheless she clearly says "of God" following that pause.

Edited by jwscv87

You give it up. I have the APD from San Antonio. It is clear and accurate. She says "an athlete, (pause) a God." Period. I highly doubt the cadets have changed this from that show. It's not a matter of what the text says from the Martha Graham quote, the Cadets may have altered all kinds of things.

I personally never heard it as "an athlete, a god"...it has always been quite clear to me as "OF god" - it also just makes more sense and is more poetic

HEY THERE --

AN ATHLETE OF GOD!!!!

That is what she said .. and that is what we say.

BUT hey --- we are quoting Martha Graham! We do not have to embrace her view ... or we can.

But we say --- an athlete of god.

and my the way ... it is a fabulous quote! She was a fabulous human being ...

and well ...

it's good stuff.

Peace, Love and Bobby Sherman!

:doh::worthy::beer:

I watched them rehearse yesterday. I clearly heard her say "an athlete of God" every time.

FWIW, this was the only narration in the show that I thought was really effective. It's a good quote, and I think that Blue Shades would have been more compelling if they'd let Martha have her say and then just played the piece.

Uh - no. I was there - even in the upper deck it was clear as day

She clearly states (and has all season!) "an athlete of God" - it's a great quote and a great moment in their 2007 production