IF Cadets win - I am a bit worried about the reaction

However, is it bad that I always find myself laughing when the sop comes out and says "And when I touch my trumpet something magical happens"?

:) No, it's perfectly all right.

At the Mufreesboro show, when he said "I've always known that I was...different", I almost stood up and yelled, "Buddy, you're preaching to the choir!". But I didn't. B)

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He says "Whenever I play my trumpet something magical happens"

Randy - get your mind out of the gutter :)

Play - touch. Same difference. B)

Don't I at least get a little credit for liking the show, though?

Edited by skajerk

Don't like booing? Get over it. People pay money to be entertained. If some choose to boo, then so be it.

So you won't mind if I boo Phantom when they rehash the leg kick/wedge thing. I'd sure get an abundance of nasty looks and comments if I did that, and yet I REALLY don't like that move and don't feel it thematically belongs in this year's show. Or what if I boo one of the lower placing corps because they don't perform up to my standards and, therefore, are not entertaining in my opinion?

Booing a corps either needs to be OK for everyone and for any reason or it's not OK ever.

LOL. You're the one who doesn't understand.

Everyone pay attention now. The consensus around here a year ago was the Cadets' 2006 show was a disaster. Its use of voice and way-out visual program weren't just controversial, the consensus said, they combined for low score from the judges and low esteem among the corps and its family. The consensus held this poor competitive showing and estrangement from the audiences would have negative repercussions on the corps for years.

And here we are at finals week one year later. That same corps attracted top talent despite the 2006 showing and despite the voice agenda. The Cadets are among the favorites to win DCI in 2007 not because of the "wussification" to which you refer but in spite of such provocations. Today's kids have a different outlook on voice than you might. Crown wasn't diminished by "Bohemia" and Devils weren't by "Dance Derby." "The Zone" hasn't undone the Cadets because a new generation doesn't share the old view you espouse.

The kids of the Cadets do realize what they signed up for and embrace it. Those who boo them aren't delivering a lesson or anything that might be construed as profound. They're showing their own ignorance as well as their desperation to impose their past on someone else's future.

HH

Quite possibly, the most eloquent post I've ever read on this forum. Mine reply would've had many more #'s in it.

Well done.

So you won't mind if I boo Phantom when they rehash the leg kick/wedge thing. Or what if I boo one of the lower placing corps because they don't perform up to my standards and, therefore, are not entertaining in my opinion?

No skin off my back. I love Phantom, I know that to be true, and could care less why you don't like the wedge/kick thing. And it's all good. You want to boo? Go right ahead. Srsly. :)

Oh, and George? :P Right back at ya! :)

So you won't mind if I boo Phantom when they rehash the leg kick/wedge thing. I'd sure get an abundance of nasty looks and comments if I did that, and yet I REALLY don't like that move and don't feel it thematically belongs in this year's show. Or what if I boo one of the lower placing corps because they don't perform up to my standards and, therefore, are not entertaining in my opinion?

Booing a corps either needs to be OK for everyone and for any reason or it's not OK ever.

Lol....i feel the same way about that move. Show about xxx=LEG KICK...AHHH.

i guess birds fly in a wedge...maybe :doh:

It's the Flying V, man! Remember your Mighty Ducks! :P

Rumor is, instead of yelling SUTA, this year Phantom wants everyone in the stands to start chanting "Quack! Quack! Quack!"