2008 DCI Rule Proposals

How about we just let a freakin' year go by WITHOUT changing anything and just let the activity be what it is?

Oh please, pretty please... I'll be your bestest friend!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure wish they had the power to make proposals in reference to the DVDs. I would love for the DVD to have a view dedicated to field level. They have one for High Cam, they should have one for field level so you can really see up close how fast those kids are moving. That'd be so cool.

You bet :)

Well, folks, it's either this or the VFW's stranglehold on everything.

You list your resume as band from 05-08 and DM wannabe and yet claim to know about the VFW's "stranglehold on everything". I seriously doubt that. If it were true you wouldn't be old enough to remember it. You also forgot the American Legion, Catholic Youth Orginization, the Police Athletic League and countless other sponsers along the way. I'm not buying it.

I think this.....

jetpack.png

4-D drill....endless GE possibilities!

Heh heh... Barry :huh2:

I think flammables of any kind are the way to go. Hey, would the X Games be around if they weren't dangerous? :huh2:

After the season, you and the missy have to come join us for a Friday night tailgate, okay?

I think flammables of any kind are the way to go. Hey, would the X Games be around if they weren't dangerous? :huh2:

Imagine 2006 Phantom

I would like to, and it probably will be proposed again, to have the perc judge in the stands in the 1st part of the season and then on the field for the rest of the season. I'd also like to see that same scenario with the brass judge...if not have a 2nd brass judge in the box like the 2nd perc judge is in the "major" shows.

I would also like to see a proposal to "judge the judges" type of system...so that DCI could try to make juding more fair. Every other "sport" has a way to critique what the adjudicators, beit refs, umpires, etc. so that there is no way favoritism can influence the scores.

I think that the judging is very cryptic and if they explain why or release a sample sheet to the fans to see what criteria they have to go on. I think that will bring the fans closer to action.

I want to see more in the lot footage by DCI that doesn't have all their ads plastered all over it.

I've never heard Cavaliers hornline warm up.

Someone also mentioned a ground level camera for finals, which more is better IMO. Just not on the field :P.

Maybe even a brass only camera (that closes up and etc)

I want to see more in the lot footage by DCI that doesn't have all their ads plastered all over it.

I've never heard Cavaliers hornline warm up.

Someone also mentioned a ground level camera for finals, which more is better IMO. Just not on the field :P.

Maybe even a brass only camera (that closes up and etc)

Dig around Blue Devil's site from the 2004 championships. It's got some audio lot footage of various corps. Very cool stuff to hear.

So, if a common hack, say me, wanted to propose a couple of items for the DCI BOD to consider, how would one go about submitting such a proposal if they were not associated directly with any corps in particular?

I would put my idea on paper and try to contact a director you would trust that may be interested in submitting your idea.

I know I added a reply to this subject, but some unkown reason it was not posted!!!

Freedom of the Press!!!!

Why doesn't he just go away and collect stamps.

He has done more to damage drum corps than Castro has done to ruin Cuba.

You are making a "good buck" at this hobby, so try and go out and get real job, in the real world.

Just remember we are here for only a short time, so let's have a good time.

Just thinking of the good old days!!!!!!!

CODI

The 'good old days' were full of changes...and just as silly complaints as happen today.