Booing and the Cadets

Some people say cleanest drill since 2003.

Some people say best hornline since 2001.

And some people say boo-hoo they have narration.

Call George whatever you want to call him... He can take it.

But don't act like he's the first human being to ever break cadence.

It can't be drum corps fans across the boards that feel the way all of you claim them to, because I saw the Portland and Stanford shows... Both times the Cadets got amazing feedback from the crowd.

I don't know, you guys have me scratching my head and wanting to move out of California.

I love everything about the Cadets show, BUT their narration. It's not even the actual narration itself. It's the actual words being said. I don't like the message of the Cadets text.

Edited by VKCanosUSMCContra

Some shows will be more entertaining than others. For shows that are really entertaining, I clap loudly, stand up, and hoot. For shows that aren't as entertaining, I'll stay seated and give a golf clap. For the Cadets, I'll do my golf clap--which pretty much says, "Thank you very much for trying." I think a lukewarm audience reaction is almost the same as booing, but a soft, quiet clapping is at least appreciative. As a former performer, a lukewarm "golf clap" reaction from the audience was definitely a downer, but it makes stronger in the long run. It gave us something to work for.

The title of this thread expresses the way I feel about Cadets show.

If a show doesn't excite me, I just politely do a golf clap. That's all. It means I appreciate their effort..."Thanks for trying."

Any other ways of showing "non-excitement" that's not booing?

Air horns during quiet sections of the ballad?

How about this. Seems stupid...but hey, what the heck? I'm sure thousands of fans have been doing this for years.

Ready?

Clap anyway! If you don't like it? Deal with it and pretend that you do. You don't have to make a statement by booing if you dont like the show. Just plain old clap. Golf clap...loud clap...really loud clap. Whatever. You're all there for the same reason...to see some drum corps (and oh God, please don't some body be like "THIS ISN'T DRUM CORPS", because it is.) Go enjoy drum corps.

As a FMM of the Cadets of Bergen County ... let me be the first to say, " IT'S ABOUT TIME ". The Cadets of YEA! have had their fair share of jabbing the past 2 years. It usually chills out by finals night. That being said ...... this years show is overkill. We all know it. The fan$ spoke their mind. I say... GOOD. The "kids" made their (so called) informed choice about where they marched and bought into a show that they knew would be controversial. Even Rondo and Delucia were cracking on Hoppy and the show in general. They acknowledged the boo's and made a statement at the very end, "THEY'RE NOT BOOING NOW!". Good for them.

George had the show designed the way that it is INTENTIONALLY. He's using those kids to snub his nose at the fan$, Alumni, Judges and his critics. Sorry the "kids" are stuck in the middle. Maybe they should all march elsewhere and put a punctuation on the RESOUNDING statement that the masses made this evening.

I promise you .. the theater crowd offered the same reactions and LAUGHED along with the fan$ at the Rose Bowl.

It's high time they just burn the colors, get a new uniform and find a new name with ZERO national titles or world titles attached to it. Either that, or wise up, drop the amping and talking and pushing toward wind instruments and electronics. Just do drum corps and shut up. That's what the crowd said, that's what many have said on here and have been bashed for it. Politics on this board are just as bad as they are in DCI itself. But that show has gone too far. THE END.

This post needs to be pinned

:worthy::beer::beer:

To the people that booed last night: You're making me buy a Cadets shirt in support. I'm giving money to YEA! BECAUSE OF YOU!

I think that's a backfire.

Do what you please.

It isn't going to change the fact that people are going to boo.

Might as well buy you a shirt for today, and Saturday.