LIVE from the Pressbox at DCA Prelims

JohnD

10102420A~Peter-Falk-Columbo-Posters.jpg

Oh, just one more thing... :P

Yes, I see this.

Thank you for all the positive reviews of the Bari solos. Hope the dancing improved :wub:

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Random ramblings..........

These scores will probably come down a little bit tomorrow night........just a guess.

I am typically not a big Empire fan, but tonight........wow. I thought they were dynamite. Although, I couldn't tell you what the Guard was doing or wearing and that is probably not a good sign.

If I never hear Rhapsody In Blue again, it will be too soon.

Bush.......I think you need new uniforms.......I know it rained last year, but there seemed to be a lot of floods out there.

Loved the Renegades, CorpsVets, and Empire.

10. Crusaders 87.838

9. CorpsVets - 88.950

8. Renegades - 91.063

7. Hurricanes 91.388

6. MBI - 92.650

5. Brigadiers - 93.075

4. Bushwackers - 94.188

3. Empire Statesmen - 95.963

2. Caballeros - 96.665

1. Buccaneers - 97.388

This has got to be some kinda record. When was the last time the top 8 corps all broke a 90? Or 10th place was in the hi 80's?

This has got to be some kinda record. When was the last time the top 8 corps all broke a 90? Or 10th place was in the hi 80's?

or, if it was a concious decision on DCA's part to score high, it was a good one.

Edited by Mickk3

OK, they're clearing out the stadium so we're gonna finish things up here. We'll see you tomorrow morning (10AM Eastern) for the 2007 DCA Alumni Spectacular!

10am huh, well I guess I'll have to tune in from work. I should just ditch it and drive up there. It's a little over 5 hour drive for me, but it sounds like it would be well worth it.

Random ramblings..........

These scores will probably come down a little bit tomorrow night........just a guess.

I am typically not a big Empire fan, but tonight........wow. I thought they were dynamite. Although, I couldn't tell you what the Guard was doing or wearing and that is probably not a good sign.

If I never hear Rhapsody In Blue again, it will be too soon.

Bush.......I think you need new uniforms.......I know it rained last year, but there seemed to be a lot of floods out there.

Loved the Renegades, CorpsVets, and Empire.

Look to the past for which corps will go up and down...there are patterns; for example, the Renegades score has gone down in finals every year since 2002 (2005 was inaccessible on DCA's site). Other corps have made it a habit of doing worse in finals as well... with a few exceptions, the top 5 corps scores usually go up...

Bill

8 corps in the 90s looks to be a record....however, getting into finals has been pretty hard for a while now....

2001- 6 corps in the 90s, and took an 84 to make finals

2002- 5 corps in the 90s, and took an 86...

2003- 7 corps in the 90s, took an 83...

2004- 7 corps in the 90s, took an 86....

2005.....DCA archive not working

2006- 7 corps in the 90s, took an 87...

fairly consistent though I think this year, overall quality of the corps is higher

Bill

Maybe both CV and Cru will pop up to the 90's. I thought Cru's score should have been 89. The consistency of scores rising for everyone was there except for Cru. Hurcs go up 5 points? Let's see Cru pass CV.