LIVE from the Pressbox at DCA Prelims

JohnD

Ahh, company front to the front sideline while blasting out the main statement of Total Eclipse. Sweet.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frontier marches well. Nice job!

A few thoughts from a Marketing and PR perspective:

Backfield sponsor banners are repositioned this year to cover the seatbacks. This change makes them all look somewhat larger. Center stage banner is of course, A.J. Wright. This fine retail clothing company has been an essential DCA provider and it's greatly appreciated. Just under the A.J. Wright banner is DRUM CORPS PLANET. I can recall last year when those horrible conditions ripped everything apart. John was beside himself!

"Say, Fred . . . can you see about getting my banner back up"? Thankfully, the PAETEC Park crew was excellent and handled that task several times!

I see a new banner this year, Zildjian. That's good news. Does anyone every think of the word cymbal without envisioning that special Zildjian font that has been so much a part of drum corps since its inception?

Also see a new banner promoting "HALFTIME." Sorry, I don't know what that is. I'm thinking maybe a magazine. I'll be sure to check into HALFTIME. Hey, see what presenting at DCA can do for your company?

Oh yeah, there's Bob and Cathy Cardaneo"s CruiseOne banner. Great people. Plan your next trip with them, you won't be disappointed, call 1-800-519-0050, even if only to say "I like drum corps"!

Company front push for the climax of their power ballad- good big sound during it.

There's a lot of soloist and small ensemble work in Total Eclipse as well, but it's passed around so many players get an opportunity to shine. A well designed section.

Some pretty fast marching at the beginning of "Radar Love"- brieft, but the fastest drill I've seen so far today.

The four contras are just laying down an incredible bass line to start Radar Love.

Also see a new banner promoting "HALFTIME." Sorry, I don't know what that is. I'm thinking maybe a magazine. I'll be sure to check into HALFTIME. Hey, see what presenting at DCA can do for your company?

Fred, you would be correct.

http://www.halftimemagazine.com/index.htm

Better watch out: These Texas corps are making a statement in Class A.