LIVE from the Pressbox at DCA Prelims

JohnD

VERY nice hornline sound. Contras are filling up the stadium and the rest of the hornline just sits on top of it.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very impressive opening statement with Seven Bridges Road. Drum line opens up the next piece, Classical Gas. They've made it their own. While there are similar selections to Crossmen '05, the arrangements are different.

Horns are rockin' out on Classical Gas!

Side note- the pit's set up in a very unique location, on the field and about 20 yards to the DM's right.

I would like to note that, by this time in the show last year, I was on my 2nd or 3rd hot chocolate. Let's hear it for no hurricanes!

Hornline just made a HUGE impact on the first statement of Frankenstein (or is it Fronkensteen? :P)

Wow! Can't miss the hornline during the opening of Frankenstein.

There's a couple guard members standing on a platform in the pit, which is on the field on the 40, side 2, playing tambourine and maracas. As long as they don't have go-go dancers. :D

Gulf Coast Sound is up next, making their inaugural appearance at DCA.

Incorrect...they were at 04 in Scranton...I used their podium (and still have nightmares)

*wondering what the top 10 scores were from the last set of shows....just to see where the finals line might be*

Hornline is now in a block on the front of the field, just throwing down. Even a little bit of dance thrown in.

Incorrect...they were at 04 in Scranton...I used their podium (and still have nightmares)

*wondering what the top 10 scores were from the last set of shows....just to see where the finals line might be*

I stand corrected. See what happens when I don't go to DCA?

Oh, gotta love this. Total Eclipse of the Heart is the ballad.

"Turn around, bright eyes..."