Caption This (9.17.07 Edition)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you look at more pics on the high school website, Red is an accent color from their 2006 field show (where this pic is apparently from). The tanks appear to mimic the AC/DC logo for a "rock star" feel which is further represented by the torn jeans and the percussionists wardrobe of all black, cut-off tee's, sunglasses, and bandanas around their heads. At least, that's my take on it...nothing remotely close to the classic Hooters tank design...

some more pics can easily be found here:

http://www.walkervalleyband.com/060930abc.html

Yes, it's apparent that's that case. Some photos show the guard in the same costumes paired with guys dressed as rock stars. Maybe the original photo that started all this was just members of the guard messing around. Or, I wonder if there was such a part where they played snares in the show?

Either way, when has a marching band that didn't "borrow" from corps uniforms or put a door on the field first ever received this much attention on the DCP junior drum corps forum?

Or, I wonder if there was such a part where they played snares in the show?

If you look at the pictures from that link, you'll see that a bunch of the guard members are all playing snare on the front sideline. I guess it was part of the show, then. Pretty cool if you ask me. I think that'd be a neat show to see live.

2.jpg

Chicks with sticks.

If anyone is in the know about this show...if the guard did play drums, did the drummers pick up guard equipment for the same partion of the show?

I'd pay to see that!

Garry in Vegas

If anyone is in the know about this show...if the guard did play drums, did the drummers pick up guard equipment for the same partion of the show?

I'd pay to see that!

Garry in Vegas

Kind of flashed back to when my son was in the band I arrange for...the 90's. In one spot, 8 guys fro the winds picked up rifles and did a routine on the front sideline with the guard...my son among them. They had a lot of fun.