Did Narration cost Cadets the 2007 Championship?

Cadets Narration  

407 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Yes
    • No

I think is is possible that narration cost the Cadets a championship. I don't think this because I crunched GE numbers or anything like that, I just think that DCI didn't want such an unpopular show to win. This probably was the most controversial show since Star 1993, and did that show win? No, even though it was arguably better than the show that came in 1st that year. Yes, that's right, I'm saying DCI pulled some strings. And of course, I have proof of that! Actually I don't. But it's my opinion nevertheless.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think is is possible that narration cost the Cadets a championship. I don't think this because I crunched GE numbers or anything like that, I just think that DCI didn't want such an unpopular show to win. This probably was the most controversial show since Star 1993, and did that show win? No, even though it was arguably better than the show that came in 1st that year. Yes, that's right, I'm saying DCI pulled some strings. And of course, I have proof of that! Actually I don't. But it's my opinion nevertheless.

I believe Cadets didn't win because they didn't execute their show as well as BD executed theirs. Clearly the better show won on finals night. I watched each show all three nights and as much as I wanted Cadets to win, it was clear to me that BD would be the corps to take it. Now can we stop with the excuses and give BD credit for their spectacular execution of their show already? Geez!!

You seem so sure of the narration being the only factor?

I was there the entire tour.

attack the narration all you want, it's the way it was.

the only time they booed was quarterfinals and that was involving hashmarks. which was the only new variable. we finished people stood up. so was it still the narration that made them stand up? Did they all of a sudden the one show narration became that much of an issue for them to boo.

I didn't attack narration. I'm not sure how you read that from my post.

I know quarters was the only time you were booed. Re-read my post. Pulling the corps off the field triggered people who would have normally kept their opinions and dissent to themselves. Did you hear how much anti-narration sentiment was mixed in with the boos?

Take another corps from this year, or take the Cadets from 10 years ago, and pull them off the field. I doubt there would have been the same reaction.

This entire statement is rediculous.

Good one.

To vote Yes is simply ridiculous.

Blue Devils were better on finals night. Maybe not every show they went up against the Cadets, but they were better at finals. BD was clearly better than Cadets in percussion and anyone else for that matter, and that is where the real difference was.

The narration argument is old and has mold growing on it. Those of you that continue to harp on narration need to find a new topic to bloviate over. YAWN...... :beer:

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

for those talking about how general effect wasnt the problem caption wise, did you people consider that maybe their general effect score would have been even higher without it? granted it would have required some different show design, thus making this thread even more hopelessly speculatory, but i hope thats at least being considered.

A perfect score in GE wouldn't have made up for the difference between them and BD.

To vote Yes is simply ridiculous.

Blue Devils were better on finals night. Maybe not every show they went up against the Cadets, but they were better at finals. BD was clearly better than Cadets in percussion and anyone else for that matter, and that is where the real difference was.

Percussion scores called the contest, though I would have had Phantom over Devils and Bluecoats.

I didn't attack narration. I'm not sure how you read that from my post.

I know quarters was the only time you were booed. Re-read my post. Pulling the corps off the field triggered people who would have normally kept their opinions and dissent to themselves. Did you hear how much anti-narration sentiment was mixed in with the boos?

Take another corps from this year, or take the Cadets from 10 years ago, and pull them off the field. I doubt there would have been the same reaction.

Good one.

This is what I was saying earlier. If it was another corps I doubt the crowd would have had the same reaction. Even on semifinals and finals you can hear people in the crowd making rude comments during the show. The hashmarks just added to the controversy even though Hop did the right thing. It is what it is...