His Dad did.

If I give you another clue... it'll surely give it away!

lol boy am I slow.... now I got it.... brain freeze over....

lol boy am I slow.... now I got it.... brain freeze over....

well, you've been having medical issues.....you're allowed.

plus you have Rudnicki in the other forum :worthy:

did the mystery man march with me in 71 brigs? Me thinks so....

and since when did Henry Staab become an Albanyite? they move HILTON 240 miles to the east?

No...HENRY USED TO STAY WITH THIS GENTLEMAN when they traveled to Sky Alumni together. He called it his half way point.

Andy, is this the same Jack Meehan who was in St Joe's, Air force and Archie corps , went to Casper back in the early 60's?

Jack came out of the Bronx Irwin Post Kingsmen in the 50's, then hooked up with Sky and the Air Force Corps ... he did go onto teach Casper in 66 and then further west with the Blue Devils, et al ... and ... he is a fellow BHOFer ... you can see his full bio (a real nice self-story) on the BHOF website ... BTW ... send me your full bio ... I'll be the MC at the induction dinner ...

See you in April ....

Andy "your cordial BHOF MC" Lisko

i'm going OT here. i saw that martybucs has closed his DCP account. anybody know why? jim/joe......jeff? i sure do miss his wit. i hope he's ok.

i'm going OT here. i saw that martybucs has closed his DCP account. anybody know why? jim/joe......jeff? i sure do miss his wit. i hope he's ok.

Strange.. can't even find him by searching the "members" area.

Edit: OK when an account is "inactive/closed" if doesn't appear when you search the members.

Dang... hope all is well...

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

Jack came out of the Bronx Irwin Post Kingsmen in the 50's, then hooked up with Sky and the Air Force Corps ... he did go onto teach Casper in 66 and then further west with the Blue Devils, et al ... and ... he is a fellow BHOFer ... you can see his full bio (a real nice self-story) on the BHOF website ... BTW ... send me your full bio ... I'll be the MC at the induction dinner ...

See you in April ....

Andy "your cordial BHOF MC" Lisko

Thanks Andy

Jack also spent a summer with Archie while he was in the Air Force..\

A real great guy

no clue. I dont think he's on my friends list on Facebook either

Jack came out of the Bronx Irwin Post Kingsmen in the 50's, then hooked up with Sky and the Air Force Corps ... he did go onto teach Casper in 66 and then further west with the Blue Devils, et al

When Jack Meehan was in his heyday with the Blue Devils, we (Sunrisers) brought him in as a consultant in 1978... he came on board with us after the DCI tour, the weekend before DCA's, for our final push to the championship weekend.

His first rehearsal with us..... at Hofstra University.... he stood in front of the hornline and listened to us play through our show. We had a great hornline that year.... and during that runthrough for him, we were hitting on all cylinders.

We finished our ensemble run... and he turned to our staff and said something like, "Why did you guys bring me in? There is really nothing to fix!" This coming from a Blue Devils GOD like him... what a compliment!!!!

As it turned out, he DID fix a few things.... tweaked a few things here and there to add the finishing touches to our product. I know we in the French horn line took an instant liking to him when he came up to us and asked us to play one particular passage LOUDER.....LOL.

We ended up winning our second straight DCA title that year, took home the High Brass trophy, and became the first corps in DCA history to score a perfect 10 in a GE caption (GE Brass). Jack helped us achieve those goals.

He was a great teacher and motivator, no doubt about it.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

maybe we werent involved yet in drum corps when some of these legends were in their hey day. Not to sound like a young punk, but some of us just don't know these folks due to the fact we're younger than many of you.

no need to be an ### to Liz about it...she can't help she's in her early 40's

Thank you. This is why I didn't come in here for the longest time. Even being the age that I am, I don't have the "pedigree" that many of you have having been around this since birth. I found drum corps on my own without the support of my family. I try to hang the best I can and I don't appreciate that because I don't know who some of the "greats" are I'm a member of the uneducated scum.