WOW!! The thought of Freddy getting a possible chance of going to Mansfield UK and The Netherlands was amazing enough! The opportunity to actually see where hot dogs and toilet water are made.....WooHoo!! (j/k devil.gif)

I didn't know Italy and Germany were also on the tour list! worthy.gif

Are you sure you want to explain "Freddy" to customs officials? I was thinking of one of Jeff Dunham's shows.... (Ventriloquist, no relation to our Queen) He tells a story about going through customs and having his luggage checked. Something about finding hand lotion and all of his "Co-Stars" in his luggage and being asked about it.... blink.gifw00t.gif

If Freddy joining your tour will be a bit much he can stay home and wait for the photos with the rest of us.... shutup.gif (I don't think it's a good idea to let Freddy anywhere near the Pope.... Ask his Uncle Roo. His vacation with Uncle Roo in Hawaii was an adventure for sure. He is known to be a bit unruly, after all he IS a rubber chicken! heh)

I love that skit with Jeff Dunham!

and you better hope Freddy doesn't meet the place where chicken mcnuggets are made

Any clues for #5, or are we to believe Pepe kidnapped Alan Alda and held him captive on a Skyliner bus?

Hi Glenn!!! (Good to "see" ya again!)

I love that skit with Jeff Dunham!

"What's on Peanut's butt?"

and you better hope Freddy doesn't meet the place where chicken mcnuggets are made

If he ever does I doubt anyone will be saying - "Tastes like chicken"..... w00t.gif

That rubber chicken gets a trip to Hawaii.... jeez! I only got to see Hawaii once, on my way to Vietnam. :blink:

You started this.....devil.gif

(Donna and I have been there twice... We were not on our way to anywhere else though. blink.gif)

Any clues for #5, or are we to believe Pepe kidnapped Alan Alda and held him captive on a Skyliner bus?

Hi Glenn and welcome back!

I gave a bunch of hints to #5 some posts back. He also went back to the field corps in the late 80s/early 90s on mellophone (They were no longer using the wonderful French Horn!). He continued marching until he suffered a mild stroke and finally conceded that his marching days were over and done with. He now lives in Colorado, but occasionally comes back east for a visit. Saw him last year at a Sky Alumni rehearsal and he and Henry Lynch picked right up as if there hadn't been 40 years since they last saw each other.

Here's another hint - back in the 60s he could usually be found wearing a pork-pie hat. Looked like something right out of GoodFellas or the Bowery Boys.

I'll wait a little while longer before revealing #5, JC (no not that one!)

Ray

Very interesting.... thanx!!

From the mouth of an original Garbarina Skyliner:

We played a few street beats in the corps but i guess you mean the one that was called "the special". Yes i played it in Hearst before going into the service and it was adopted by Garbarina after the war. Les Parks once told me that Col. Pierce asked him to make up the beat for P.A.Hearst. I didn't quite think it happened that way but it might have.

Other street beats we played were called "Sand", "13", "Huntington" to name a few.

I hope this helps. Don Friesing...

... don't get no better than that!!!!

:-)

• Like 1

From the mouth of an original Garbarina Skyliner:

We played a few street beats in the corps but i guess you mean the one that was called "the special". Yes i played it in Hearst before going into the service and it was adopted by Garbarina after the war. Les Parks once told me that Col. Pierce asked him to make up the beat for P.A.Hearst. I didn't quite think it happened that way but it might have.

Other street beats we played were called "Sand", "13", "Huntington" to name a few.

I hope this helps. Don Friesing...

... don't get no better than that!!!!

:-)

now that's great history andy. now i have a good idea about the streetbeat i played for many years. and as far as i'm concerned it is the best. and my favorite i might add!!!!thumbup.gif

WOW!! The thought of Freddy getting a possible chance of going to Mansfield UK and The Netherlands was amazing enough! The opportunity to actually see where hot dogs and toilet water are made.....WooHoo!! (j/k devil.gif)

I didn't know Italy and Germany were also on the tour list! worthy.gif

Are you sure you want to explain "Freddy" to customs officials? I was thinking of one of Jeff Dunham's shows.... (Ventriloquist, no relation to our Queen) He tells a story about going through customs and having his luggage checked. Something about finding hand lotion and all of his "Co-Stars" in his luggage and being asked about it.... blink.gifw00t.gif

If Freddy joining your tour will be a bit much he can stay home and wait for the photos with the rest of us.... shutup.gif (I don't think it's a good idea to let Freddy anywhere near the Pope.... Ask his Uncle Roo. His vacation with Uncle Roo in Hawaii was an adventure for sure. He is known to be a bit unruly, after all he IS a rubber chicken! heh)

It would probably be best were Freddy not allowed to be near the Pope. Word has it that the Pope likes chickens - except that he usually adds another word to their description - Marsala, Cacciatori, Parmagiane, etc.

Also, if Freddy were to kneel before him to kiss the ring, chances are that someone would notice shortly thereafter that the stone is missing.

And lastly, there is a very good chance that Freddy would embarass us all by saying something like, "Holy S..t!! Look at those red slippers!!!"

• Like 1