It's fine Don. I know that he knows that you know what you meant.

Hey Don, we might be the only ones east of Ohio with power in Whoville.

Hope everyone's safe.

i hope everyone is safe. but it's different to see somebody up north getting hit with a hurricane. unlike us they don't know how to handle it.

Lucked out this time and wondering where todays predicted 30MPH winds went to (it's calm now). Lost for a second and that was that. Sis in law is out (two mountains over) but generator worked. Dad (one mountain over) is good with a few flickers overnight. Think we got lucky because teh leaves are mostly down and had weak tres/branches toppled last year in a freak snow storm. That was the time we lost power for a record 19 hours and down to 55 degress in the house. Took two hours plus that time to reheat the house (with oil :shutup: ).

But Neu Joisey... wow....

we have power... so far... still under high wind advisory

Power companies down here already sending trucks up north yesterday. They know the drill and realize it might be some time before power can be restored. Every unit helps. No doubt there are massive power outages.

Nanci, no kite flying what so ever. Hear?

Stay safe and fill the tub with water. Beer in the sinks. You can freeze plastic bags of water in the freezer, then use them in the fridge to help keep the perishables longer (Like an ice box) and drink the water when they thaw.

And make sure you have a manual can opener.

And Don, wear a coat when you go to the mail box in your golf cart, it's only 63 outside.

Edited by gsksun4
  • Like 1

Power companies down here already sending trucks up north yesterday. They know the drill and realize it might be some time before power can be restored. Every unit helps. No doubt there are massive power outages.

Nanci, no kite flying what so ever. Hear?

Stay safe and fill the tub with water. Beer in the sinks. You can freeze plastic bags of water in the freezer, then use them in the fridge to help keep the perishables longer (Like an ice box) and drink the water when they thaw.

And make sure you have a manual can opener.

And Don, wear a coat when you go to the mail box in your golf cart, it's only 63 outside.

i hear ya glen. i told my wife to pick up the mail when she comes home tonight. it's to cool for me. the golf cart and i aren't getting together today. LOL.

safe and sound here, no damage, actually been working all day

ok so how are the 2 andes? the roo and the poet.

ok so how are the 2 andes? the roo and the poet.

interesting thing Donnie is that by your standards this hurricane was a whimp (other than the storm surge due to size that caused so much damage on the coast) but can you imagine... if it was labor day weekend, dca championships would have been destroyed no matter whether it was held in Rochester, Connecticutt, Boston, New Jersey, Allentown, Pittsburgh or Annapolis... amazingly large storm... we've NEVER seen anything like it over such a massive area...

And concern goes out to Tony, Fran and the rest in the path of this monster storm that's already claimed lives. Mother nature putting it to the test.

Stay safe guys.

Thanks!

All's well here in my part of Baltimore County. Power was out in my area for a little more than 24 hours... then came back on earlier this evening. Just a whole bunch of rain and wind yesterday.... but I am very fortunate to live in an area that has never flooded since I've been here.