Narrative to be crucial element behind Cadets 2008 program

Glad to hear the Cadets are trying something new... for a second there I thought they would go the route of using excess narration that got boo'd the last three years.

excess?? 3 years??? really??? There were what... a few lines in 05 at the beginning. Im not sure 06 really counts as narration either...unless to you narration = spoken or sung word

Lee Rudnicki is from PA and is writing in LA. This sounds like a job for Lee. :tongue:

(ducking)

Lord knows there are enough writers sitting around right now with nothing to do...

excess?? 3 years??? really??? There were what... a few lines in 05 at the beginning. Im not sure 06 really counts as narration either...unless to you narration = spoken or sung word

I agree. Both 2005 and 2006 had a much smaller use of narration than 2007 did. For me, the narration in the previous two shows does not jump out at me in annoyance as much as the narration in 2007 does.

Kind of makes me want to listen to the 2006 show now. :tongue:

What are your thoughts on the inclusion in the program, and the nature of the request? This seems to be the first time a show has tried to include professional writing. Should be an interesting discussion.

I emailed him a referral. Gimme a great script and show me what you can do, that's what I think. Max it out. You want narration? OK. Give me a good...no...GREAT! show.

Just my thoughts.

Well, on the one hand I am hoping he/they learned from how disastrous the product was at the beginning of the summer last year and this plea for a professional will help them start with a better beginning product, but on the other hand I wish they would not use it at all.

At the same time, I will keep an open mind. Hated the narration in early season Cadets 07. . .loved the finished product.

Agreed, by the end of the season, the words were just right and very impactful.

Well Hopkins entry says that there will be LIMITED use of narration...perhaps this time around they will find less words to voice what needs to be said...furthermore, maybe they will be more creative in how they work narration into the show, cant wait to see another great product from the Cadets.

Lord knows there are enough writers sitting around right now with nothing to do...

Ha!

Unfortunately, the strike will probably end tomorrow, and studios will be hiring everyone they can to get them to work ASAP to start cranking out movies and TV shows.

If only Hoppy had gotten this blog out a week or two ago, he could've gotten David Mamet, or maybe Tina Fey, or some other great write on the picket lines... :tongue:

Ha!

Unfortunately, the strike will probably end tomorrow, and studios will be hiring everyone they can to get them to work ASAP to start cranking out movies and TV shows.

If only Hoppy had gotten this blog out a week or two ago, he could've gotten David Mamet, or maybe Tina Fey, or some other great write on the picket lines... :tongue:

The only thing funnier than the prospect of the Cadets doing Mamet ... Well, no, there is nothing funnier than that.

If they did it a while back, they could have called the show "Glengarry Glen Garfield" ...