Favorite audience shout outs?

There you go! I love listening to Ralph's voice through the years with SCV and BK. I love the yell the BD staff and others make after the horn run in the opener - chills!

Was it Ralph who said "Oh....F### yeah!" right before the last chord in '84 SCV??? It's REALLY clear on the recordings!

Not a shout out, but I get a real kick out of the lady's laugh in the Blue Stars 2007 show right after the corps tilts its plumes in unison. 8:55 if anybody wants to check it out. :thumbup:

Along the same lines,theres a baby jabbering at the end of Garfield's ballad in 1985,really loudly. :tongue:

not a "shout-out" really, but I've always loved the woman screaming in the silence during 97 Regiment.

also "bring it home Regiment!" in 96

perhaps an interesting, yet slightly OT question would be the demographics of those who yell "SUTA" at shows. It's often noticeably softer than comparable "yells" (i.e. "vaguard")-- I've always assumed that was because the vast majority of folks yelling "SUTA" were Regiment alums...do people think that's a correct analysis and/or ought to be the case?

The 1981 DCI recordings had a lot of staff talking on them (so much so, that there's a disclaimer on the album covers warning the listener about it.)

My favorite one is during SCV's perc feature in "Young Persons Guide". The staff is yelling for Joan: "Go get it, Joan" or the like. I was never sure if she was a tymp player or a keyboard player (it seems to happen right between a tymp feature and a mallet run). Probably the keyboard player - it sounds more like they're encouraging her next move rather than applauding something already done.

Not a shout out initially meant for mass distribution, but:

I know someone who was on staff for a small, new corps in 1992. For the first several early shows (all headlined by Cadets), the small corps' staff had seen "To Tame The Perilous Skies" multiple times already. As the Cadets form the plane (again), complete with spinning propellors, this person exclaims, "Hey, they make an airplane!" Numerous eyes rolled at that moment: "Duh! You've only seen this show HOW MANY times now?"

"Shout Outs":

1979: (Guess which corps was on the recieving end of this one): "We want Sir Duke, the Beach Boys make us puke". :thumbup:

"Pick a corps, pick a score" Any year.

"Guess Again". Any year.

Elphaba

2000 Crossmen before the park 'n blow at the end of In the Mood:

"Drew!!!! More Pelvis!"

aside from the obvious "I'm wet" chronicles I loved "Oh my God!" during Bluecoats 2006. I laugh every time.

~>conner

Phantom Regiment 1993 - All the yells at the start of "Fire of the Eternal Glory" A few stand out for me.

"GO JESSI!" "WE LOVE YOU MATT!" "I TOO"

Ironically enough. A Matt and Jessi (Jessica) did march the corps, were dating at the time and ended up getting married. Wonder if its referring to them?

http://www.jessiandmatt.net/matts-pages/ph...-regiment-1993/