Your 10 least favorite shows from 2000-2007

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's funny when people say that a show is esoteric

es·o·ter·ic (ĕs'ə-tĕr'ĭk) adj.

1. Intended for or understood by only a particular group: an esoteric cult. See synonyms at mysterious.

2. Of or relating to that which is known by a restricted number of people.

1. Confined to a small group: esoteric interests.

2. Not publicly disclosed; confidential.

I mean isn't that the definition of DRUM CORPS??? lol

NoBadShowsLou

the problem is, the small group is usually the judges, and not the audience...

SCV 01 - only because they beat cadets in horns. Homer moment, sure, but thats seriously my only reason :tongue:

Cadets had a better hornline than us that year. Does that make it all better? lol

In all honesty, we had a lot of talent in the hornline that year. The Contra and Euph lines (all euphs that year) were stacked. The lead sops had a hard time with Short Ride all year though. And that's why the 01 line doesn't hold a candle to the 98 line.

Edited by Feathers Up

Cavies 2006 - Its a great show to let a newbie watch because they 'get it', but I really cant stand it. Well put together, brilliant design, solid performance, but I cant stand the way they stagger their marching and playing. I've beaten that horse enough in other threads, but as someone who loved 03 and 04, this show was a real downer for me

Yes you sure have beaten that dead horse enough!

HM - Cadets 06 I actually like watching this show, and I even think it makes sense :tongue: , but it was hell to perform, and we werent all that incredible anyway....

Actually, I think you guys were incredible; the show was a turd. :devil:

Edited by jjeffeory

My least favorite shows fromm 2000-2007 include

Pioneer-The Oliver show, cant remember the year(03 maybe?)

Phantom Regiment 2005 Gershwin

Kiwanis Kavaliers West Side Story(2004? I think)

Glassmen 2001 Gershwin

Racine Scouts 2005

I can't come up with 10 shows I wasn't impressed with

No particular order,

2000 Cavaliers

2000 SCV

2001 Cavaliers

2002 Cavaliers

2006 Blue Knights

2005 Blue Devils

2004 Boston Crusaders

2006 Cadets

2007 Cadets (LOVED the HR....but all the narration...boo)

2007 SCV

Overall the last couple of seasons, Love 2005 then 2007 then 2006

Cadets had a better hornline than us that year. Does that make it all better? lol

In all honesty, we had a lot of talent in the hornline that year. The Contra and Euph lines (all euphs that year) were stacked. The lead sops had a hard time with Short Ride all year though. And that's why the 01 line doesn't hold a candle to the 98 line.

To be honest, i never saw either show live, as that was before i was really 'into' corps, so I'm basing my opinion off a few moments from the finals performance, which is not entirely fair, but its all I have to go by. I'm sure i'd be moderately annoyed if someone judged me that way, so no biggie. I also know that gino, despite all the great lines he's had (2000, 05, 07), has always said (i'm guessing he still does), that the 01 line was the best cadets line he ever taught. Thats the kind of opinion i trust... :tongue:

Yes you sure have beaten that dead horse enough!

I know....but it was on the list, so I had to at least explain why. At least i didnt bring up the timing breakdown :mat:

Actually, I think you guys were incredible; the show was a turd. :devil:

Ask anyone who marched that year. Corps was 2/3 rookies, vets werent as good as we could have been (just my personal perspective). I know as a section leader that year that there was a lot I could have done better, not really from a performance standpoint, but from a leadership postion...and I'm guessing other people felt the same way. Fact is, we were owning phantom every night early in the season, but they worked so hard that they blew by us in performance, which made them better in GE as well. The show may not have been championship caliber, but we could have at least milked 3rd or 4th place out of it. Either way, its not really something I worry myself with much anymore.... :tongue:

All I got was 5. Although there's plenty from 2000 & 2001 I haven't seen. Plus '06 Cadets I've only seen bits and pieces of. And an honorable mention to Boston's 04 Adjective Shout.

BD 2005

Boston 2002 (It's not that it was poorly performed at all, just that if I hear Appalachian Spring ONE MORE TIME...although to be perfectly fair, the end did choke me up a wee bit...)

Cadets 2004

Crown 2004 (Everything before Bohemian Rhapsody, at least.)

Crown 2007. Yeah, I said it. Some of the hype on here was ridiculous...Lots of people loved it, good for them...I thought it was a good show, even a very good show, but a best-thing-since-sliced-bread, oh-my-god-this-is-the bestet-most-ultra-entertaining-show-that-will-save-drum-corps-from-an-oblivion-of-judge-pandering-boring-GE, make-me-want-to-name-my-kids-Carolina, Crown, & Ft. Mills, if-you-don't-bow-down-to-it's-awesomeness-you-have-NO-SOUL kind of show? It just wasn't like that for me. It was pretty good, but not that insane good to me.

It's all relative for me, too. I'd still take my least favorite DCI show over say, reality TV any day :tongue: