Crunchy Frog Reunion at DCA 2008?

Crunchy Frog  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Crunchy Frog Reunion at DCA 2008?

• Yes.
    • Yes!!!!!!!!!! Let's do it!!!!!!!!!!!
    • No.
    • NO! Please stop!!
    • NO! NO! NO! Death to Crunchy!!!! Arrrggh!
    • Errrr .... well ... Maybe.
    • Well, okay. But only if it has at least 35 lesbians

bump

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a DCI or DCA ring = arrogance? I see! It's all clear now! I would rather stay ringless and humble than have my head so far up my ### I can see daylight.

Well...

Your wish has been granted... You have no ring... and you are not marching in a corps! :smile:

You seem to have a great many opinions which must have been born of your obvious greatness... Oh thats right you have no ring and you are not marching so you will have no ring in the future... Your opinion serves you well... perhaps nobody else but at least you have been served! :smile:

Cats, here's the bottom line for me.

Unlike sports -- Entertainment, whether it be drum corps, marching band, rock music, video games, a motion picture or whatever else -- should be judged on its effect on its audience. Not shock value, mind you, but its effect on the audience. If your band is marching at 300 miles an hour and playing the hardest music ever heard, and you score a perfect 100.00 at BOA ... but you put the audience asleep in the process -- you have failed to entertain. Which is the point of all of this.

Look, I've been subject to more personal attacks than pretty much anyone in DCA. I even got thrown out of a rudimental percussion Internet forum after my snare solo. People can continue the personal attacks and get Crunchy banned for the next 600 years ... but no one can change the fact that few, if any, I&E performances in the history of DCA or DCI entertained more people than Crunchy Frog 2004.

It didn't happen because anyone is a Genius ... it happened simply because Crunchy Frog tapped into our collective love for the drum and bugle activity, and entertained the performers and audience in an unprecedented fashion. Which was the whole -- and the only -- point.

Edited by drumlaw80

Cats, here's the bottom line for me.

Unlike sports -- Entertainment, whether it be drum corps, marching band, rock music, video games, a motion picture or whatever else -- should be judged on its effect on its audience. Not shock value, mind you, but its effect on the audience. If your band is marching at 300 miles an hour and playing the hardest music ever heard, and you score a perfect 100.00 at BOA ... but you put the audience asleep in the process -- you have failed to entertain. Which is the point of all of this.

Look, I've been subject to more personal attacks than pretty much anyone in DCA. I even got thrown out of a rudimental percussion Internet forum after my snare solo. People can continue the personal attacks and get Crunchy banned for the next 600 years ... but no one can change the fact that few, if any, I&E performances in the history of DCA or DCI entertained more people than Crunchy Frog 2004.

It didn't happen because anyone is a Genius ... it happened simply because Crunchy Frog tapped into our collective love for the drum and bugle activity, and entertained the performers and audience in an unprecedented fashion. Which was the whole -- and the only -- point.

If people want to run me out of Dodge -- go ahead. I will simply prove the point in Hollywood and other activities where people aren't so afraid of things outside of the comfort zone.

But be careful what you wish for. Nine hours of ratamacues might not be your cup of tea.

Look Lee, we get it.

If you want to have a little "Crunchy Frog against DCA" fun, then plenty of us will gladly play along.

But don't disparage any other participants.

Some of us remember when it was Vince Bruni and Pepe Notaro bringing a bus load of Empire kids and Minnesota Brass bringing their buses or this wouldn't have gotten off the ground in the first place.

All of DCA should be proud that I&E has become the single most fun evening in the activity.

DISCLAIMER: That is NOT ME in that picture!!!!!!

Sure. Whatever you say, Obi Wan.

:smile:

Edited by skajerk

DISCLAIMER: That is NOT ME in that picture!!!!!!

So you thought you avoided the camers'a eh? :smile:

Look Lee, we get it.

If you want to have a little "Crunchy Frog against DCA" fun, then plenty of us will gladly play along.

But don't disparage any other participants.

I am sorry if you read that into my post, that was not the intent.