5. SC Vanguard

6. Carolina Crown

7. Bluecoats

8. Colts

9. BAC

10. Blue Knights

11. Glassmen

12. Crossmen (Still holding out hope!)

An off the wall hope that no matter what the placement or the corps people give the members credit for what they are doing and reward them with the applause they deserve. Unfortunately, I predict there will still be people who take out their frustrations with the show designers on the kids who have nothing to do with it and just work their butts off everyday on the show they are given! Maybe we should boo less and clap more!!!

Edited by DrumCorpsLifeForMe

SCV may be a tall order, but not impossible. I think many drum corps observers need to see something a bit more than what they have shown in the last few years. Even in 2004, a very good show, but I thought they were somewhat over-scored that year....

6. Santa Clara Vanguard - another great visual effort is in store, and their guard should be wonderful. I have not been sold on their brass in recent years, and the musical book, to me, has been flat.

I have to totally agree. I haven't been thoroughly, truly impressed with them since 2001. 02-07, SCV constantly leaves me wanting more; it's like their missing "it", missing the intensity that we've come to associate with the SCV organization. Plus, I hate Poulan's arrangements, ugh, they're so square.

BUT, I do hope that this year is different. They have the former brass caption head from Crown on board (Creste? I think is his name), so hopefully they improve with that. Percussion supposed to be quite good this year too (6 tenors!). And their visually program I expect to be as exciting as the past two years.

My odd predictions: Crown will place in top 4, Cavies will be out of top 3, everyone in the top 7 will beat one another throughout the season.

Edited by just_another_fanatic

Very interesting predictions so thus far....My takes...

Cadets and SCV will tie for 1st.

Close behind will be Cavies, Phantom and Devils.

Crown, then Bluecoats, Blue Knights and Boston will be in the middle of the top 12 pack.

Colts rise to as high as 10th.

Blue Stars and the Scouts will be performing on Saturday night.

Glassmen, Spirit and Crossmen just miss out on finals.

Troopers make top 17.

Cavaliers will slice through the competition, taking top honors. Cadets will be in pursuit all year, but never quite make it while the Blue Devils will finally cross the line into absurdity on finals night and be knocked out of 3rd place by The Bluecoats. SCV will be 3hree tenths of a point from BD, and take 5th. The rest of the corps will be reigned out. Madison will not participate, instead electing to lounge in the parking lot sipping margaritas.

Edited by luvs me sum mello!

I just want the Crossmen in the top 12....and I will love it if they make it. But I'll still love them if they don't.

I just want the Crossmen in the top 12....and I will love it if they make it. But I'll still love them if they don't.

I'm hoping for the Crossmen to get back where they belong as well, and I'm sure they will make it soon! :smile::smile:

Crown amazes everyone, AGAIN and finishes 4th.

Phantom amazes everyone with Spartcus.

Spirit jumps to top 10.

Other predictions will come soon.

My predictions look like this:

1. Cadets - music, drill, brass, drums, and guard will be great as always. Question is with narration. I am not against it, but too much will spoil the greatness of this corps. And let's be honest, without narration they were pretty fantastic last year, and, IMO, should have won Finals.

2. Cavaliers - Even without Jeff Fiedler I believe they will be amazing, and no corps has better coordination of all the elements over the last 10 years than these guys do.

3. Bluecoats - Yes, perhaps a homer pick, but from what I can see they have the goods in music, music GE, brass, percussion, and the visual and guard are much improved over last year. Fans will clamor for more of this show with the amazing musical selections, and the power and excitement of the Rocky music will have people on their feet. This show is going to have people talking by the water cooler, I promise you.

4. Blue Devils - It is difficult to put these guys out of the top 3. You can blame my homer pick, but I still love ya, BD. As always, we expect great music, drill, and especially guard, brass, and drums from these guys, and we usually get it.

5. Carolina Crown - They have been mounting a charge for some time, and they will move up another notch this year. Again, they will be fan pleasers, and their brass will be big and bold. My question for them is, can they clean 86 brass?

6. Santa Clara Vanguard - another great visual effort is in store, and their guard should be wonderful. I have not been sold on their brass in recent years, and the musical book, to me, has been flat.

7. Phantom Regiment - It will be close between Phantom and SCV, Phantom will, nonetheless, have a wonderful show and a wonderful brass and percussion section. My question: will visual, visual GE, and guard put them over the hump or leave them with no choice but to spend their summer making changes. This hurt them last year, and it took all summer for them to make sense of the show. They are always super fun to listen to. If the elements click for them, then we are talking about a top 3 or 4 corps.

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Knights

10. Glassmen

11. Spirit of JSU

12. Crossmen

I'd type my own by I agree with these right down the line / so why bother...

Nice job with the predictions John / as always it will be interesting to see how it all plays out

Any of the top 4 on your list could take it imo / and even a couple outside the top 4 - should be an exciting season :)