Interesting and odd predictions for 2008

5. Carolina Crown - My question for them is, can they clean 86 brass?

No. They will try. I honestly think they should work a bit more on cleaning the amount of brass they've had in the past a bit more before adding players.

1 Cavies

2 BD

3 Phantom

4 Bluecoats

5 Cadets

6 Crown

7 SCV

8 Boston

9 Crossmen

10 Blue Knights

11 Glassmen

12 Academy

13 Blue Stars

14 Spirit

15 Scouts

16 Colts

17 Troopers

18 Pioneer

19 Pacific Crest

20 Mandarins

A certain midwest corps that has not made WC finals since 1979 will rocket to 8th place.

Trust me on this!!

PS: They will also have the loudest brassline in DCI this year.

somehow i think Phantom, The Cadets, and even Crown will have something to say about that.

Five things I think will happen:

1. Tornadoes and storms will wreak havoc on shows in the mid-west. Global warming/violent weather= less drum corps!!! :smile:

2. Two or more corps will take themselves out of small shows. They will opt instead to find a place to rehearse for 2-3 days that is neutral to thier next leg of the trip, to save gas.

3. Less people will go to the actual regional shows, because of DCI Fan Network. (which I love by the way!!!)

4. We will be stuck watching the reruns of the Scripps Spelling Bee because DCI is off the Cable Airwaves! :smile:

5. Oh yeah, there is going to be some major kick butt drum corps this summer!!! I can't wait!

Predictions/wish list going into the season (now that we know what the corps programs)

1) Bluecoats- More of a wna than a hope. Their show sounds way cool!!!

2) Phantom- Really looking forward to this one as well.

3) Cavies- I can't wait to see them. I have the feeling this is going to be a major visual masterpiece , siimiliar to '06.

4) BD- I just think that the corps above have better show concepts going in to the summer. Would not be surprised to see them repeat. As a side note, I'd like to know how many corps have gone from being 1st to 4th. It has happened at least a few times: Phantom 96 1st- Phantom '97 -4th. Cavies 92 1st, 93- 4th. SCV '99- 1st, '00-4th. Those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head. (not claiming conspiracy, just interesting)

5) Blue Knights- 50th year anniversary for the corps, very hush hush coming from Mile High Town, everyone counting them out? Yep, sounds like it's time for BK to come up and rip everyone's heart out and "bore" (not me) their way into to the top five!!! I love the prospects of this show and the music sounds like it is going to be intense and different all at the same time!!! GET EVIL KNIGHTS!!! "REIGN" ON EVERYONE'S PARADE!!! :smile:

6) Cadets- More narration? Probably less I'm sure and they sound pretty good on the Network, but I want to see new blood!!!

7) Crown- Big Hornline, big time show, just a lot of amazing corps this year!!

8) SCV- Not sure of this show, but I bet they'll prove me wrong, they usually do.

9) Boston- Has a hard time moving up into top 8, too many great corps to contend with.

10) Madison- Welcome back to the party, I am sure that this staff is the correct one after the crazy changes they've been going through.

11) Glassmen- Why not, this spot is the Glassmen's. They've got a strangle hold over 11th. Great corps, will likely have another stellar guard and show this summer.

12) Blue Stars- Welcome to Finals, I think there will be a 4-5 corps corps fight for this spot!!!

________________________________________________________________________________

13) Colts

14) Spirit

15) Crossmen

Oh well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Well what the heck I'm REALLY bored.

1. Cadets

2. Phantom

3. SCV

4. Crown

5. BD

6. Cavies

7. Bluecoats

8. Blue Stars

9. Academy