Cadets webcast

I'll indeed be enjoying a hot dog during this performance, hoping the line isnt too long and I can attain one before the show is over. Isnt it grand though, if we didnt constantly whine, bemoan, cry, and complain, you would have nothing to do !

Funny thing is, you CHOOSE to click on and respond to us, its your choice, those that want to watch drum corps, or the Cadets have no choice, They shove it down our throats and our only alternative is to wait in that ever growing line of concession. As long as narration is riddled throughout the show, it will suck, to me, in my eyes and my opinion is as valid as yours, did you know that ? And as far as OTC medicine, Im fine, but maybe you need a hobby, that way you wont have all the free time to search out us evil Cadet criticizers and bring us to justice !!

You have been taught well......

Geoffrey

do a barrel roll!!!!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm curious as to whether they've gotten permission from This American Life (the radio show...*amazing* btw), since it's referenced as "An American Life." Also, almost none of that dialogue sounds like Ira Glass, which is rather dissapointing. Nor does the story sound much of anything like the kind of profiles and discussion that This American Life is so well known for. The idea of a TAL show is wonderful, but I was hoping for a bit more justice being done it. (That said, it's preseason).

So I'm curious as to whether they've gotten permission from This American Life (the radio show...*amazing* btw), since it's referenced as "An American Life." Also, almost none of that dialogue sounds like Ira Glass, which is rather dissapointing. Nor does the story sound much of anything like the kind of profiles and discussion that This American Life is so well known for. The idea of a TAL show is wonderful, but I was hoping for a bit more justice being done it. (That said, it's preseason).

Hoppy discusses this in his blog...a quote:

I have spoken to Mr. Glass, he is aware of our intentions, but, it may be that we are not granted permission to use the name of the show.

His reasoning ... he feels that it actually communicates that indeed, TAL is involved in the program and ...well .. TAL is not.

He may come to a show ... to talk to the members, we are talking and I am hoping to get more advice.

He was very positive, very interested and well a bit confused as to the whole pagentry in the field idea.

do a barrel roll!!!!

You know, I was just thinking, "You know what this thread needs? Someone to randomly interject with tired internet memes", so thanks!

You know, I was just thinking, "You know what this thread needs? Someone to randomly interject with tired internet memes", so thanks!

Guess what? It's Caturday!!!!!!

I lol'd.

I'll indeed be enjoying a hot dog during this performance, hoping the line isnt too long and I can attain one before the show is over. Isnt it grand though, if we didnt constantly whine, bemoan, cry, and complain, you would have nothing to do !

Funny thing is, you CHOOSE to click on and respond to us, its your choice, those that want to watch drum corps, or the Cadets have no choice, They shove it down our throats and our only alternative is to wait in that ever growing line of concession. As long as narration is riddled throughout the show, it will suck, to me, in my eyes and my opinion is as valid as yours, did you know that ? And as far as OTC medicine, Im fine, but maybe you need a hobby, that way you wont have all the free time to search out us evil Cadet criticizers and bring us to justice !!

You have been taught well......

Geoffrey

Get that hot dog...that will show them