Season X Discussion

Well my DCPI Times Saturday predicitions were a 50/50 hit! The Knights and Tri-Color (the show I thought would be the hardest to pick) I got right, but I was WAY off in Michigan were #1 Brilliante got 14th! Corps of Unspecified Identity came out of NO WHERE!! And in Orlando both my prediction Star of Jupiter and Shadow did very well, but West Florida Kingsmen owned the night!

If you missed the DCPI Times Saturday--here is that issue

http://www.drumcorpsfantasy.com/index.php?...3&Itemid=31

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Corps of Unspecified Identity took an extra week to rehearse, starting its tour in the home state of Michigan. The corps had a few nerves to shake out at the season debut in Jenison, but by the East Lansing show (where many of our members attend school at MSU) the corps was on fire. East Lansing was the closest thing to a home show we have this year, and I think the corps took advantage of that situation.

As abstract as our "unspecified" show is this year, playing the music of John Cage, it was nice having a round of applause and a few cheers as opposed to being able to hear the crickets chirp when we were finished performing in Jenison. The members understand they are setting a new standard in the activity with their show this year, and its going to take time for the audience to grasp what they are accomplishing.

We'll have to see how the season progresses, but I think we have a great corps with tons of potential this year!

Nice job on the DCPI times article!

Based on Kosmos' show theme, I think "waiting to strike" is a perfect description of where we are right now. We're trying to build up suspense. :tongue:

Pity about Glory's run-in with the raccoons. Next time, tell your drumline to take care of the problem. :tongue:

Second DCPI Podcast will be starting production tonight. Topics will be the this past weekends show results, upcoming regionals, the power polls, the upcoming change to 8 captions, and anthing thing else I can squeeze in. I'm taking suggestions on what to call the podcast ( a la DCI's Field Pass) so if you have a name, shoot it my way. Also if you want some extra coverage for your corps just pm me on any of these topics and it'll be included. If you want to hear your voice on here, and you have a mic, pm me, and i'll tell you how to do it. It's really easy.

Second DCPI Podcast will be starting production tonight. Topics will be the this past weekends show results, upcoming regionals, the power polls, the upcoming change to 8 captions, and anthing thing else I can squeeze in. I'm taking suggestions on what to call the podcast ( a la DCI's Field Pass) so if you have a name, shoot it my way. Also if you want some extra coverage for your corps just pm me on any of these topics and it'll be included. If you want to hear your voice on here, and you have a mic, pm me, and i'll tell you how to do it. It's really easy.

I've sent you something. Looking forward to the podcast.

Welcome our newest Div 1 corps, Matador Regiment!

Pity about Glory's run-in with the raccoons. Next time, tell your drumline to take care of the problem. :worthy:

Our food truck is still plenty stocked, thank you. :rolleyes:

Welcome our newest Div 3 corps, Apalachian Vanguard!

Rocky Mountain Thunder of southeast Colorado (1st, 79.322) managed to squeak out a win over The Corps of Unspecified Identity of Detroit, Michigan (2nd, 79.321) at the Glass Bowl in Toledo last night by 1/1000 of a point, the closest margin of victory possible in the activity. The crowd at the Glass Bowl was thrilled with the result.

"I don't even know how that garbage can score as high as it does," said Jim Fox of Maumee, a spectator at the competition last night, regarding The Corps of Unspecified Identity. "They didn't even play anything for at least 4 minutes in the middle of the show. I think that must have been that 4 minutes and thirty something thing they had listed in their program." Mr. Fox was referring to 4'33" by John Cage, one of the selections in their program titled, "unspecified."

The crowd pleasing program by Rocky Mountain Thunder included drum corps favorites Birdland, Central Park and Chase the Clouds Away, and even pay a tribute to the 27th Lancers with their own rendition of Niner Two.

Susan Jacobson of Temperance, Michigan said, "I don't even know how they were scored that close to each other, but I'm glad the Rocky Mountain band was the winner. I guess that unknown identifier one was OK in an artsy-fartsy kind of way, but that jazz show sure was tops."

The two corps won't face of again until July 18 in Houston, Texas, which is sure to be quite a showdown between the two corps.

The Corps of Unspecified Identity took a hard fall on Wednesday at Crown Point, with a score drop of over 2.5 points from the night before in Toledo. Even with this drop, the corps still managed to place third out of a field of 17 corps in their division with a score of 76.653.

Motor City Marauders (1st, 78.973) and Minnesota Madness (2nd, 78.709) topped the show.

"We have a lot of work to do in the coming weeks," said Chris Rohn, director of The Corps of Unspecified Identity. "Not all of the judges are in tune with our extremely challenging program. In fact, one judge even commented that putting the music of John Cage on the field was the 'dumbest thing you could do.' We'll have work extra hard to prove comments like that wrong."

The corps competes again tomorrow in Oswego, Illinois, before heading to the DCP-I North Championships in Champaign.