• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK true Ant - but you have to admit...

2002 Brigs' show title "Picasso Sketchbook"

2008 Cabs' show title "Sketches of Spain"

common thread - "Spanish Fantasy"

However, best of luck to the Cabs and to my "alma mater" the Brigadiers this season! Can't wait to see both shows!

Brigs 07

"Images in Time" -

As Time Goes By (from Casablanca)

Spanish Fantasy

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

Evolution

Cabs 08

"Sketches of Spain"

El Camino Real

Spanish Fantasy

My Spanish Heart

Malaguena

Huh I was unaware that Spanish fantasy was either corps whole show! Come on now!

Buccaneers 80.538 (0.3)

Hurricanes 77.088

Music City Legend 68.788

Fusion Core 68.238

Carolina Gold 64.900

Sun Devils 00.000

Shenandoah Sound (1.6) 00.000

why no Sun Devil and Sound score???

All I can say is Kudos too all of the corps. I wish I could have been there. From what I know, Sun Devils held their ground and made their mark. Congrats.

Carolina Gold and Shenandoah Sound, welcome back. You guys will make the season much more enjoyable.

MCL, fighting a great fight for a spot in the top 10

Hurricanes, Awesome Job. Doing a ton of parades, going to the show and only practicing for 20 minutes and going up almost 4 points, thats impressive. Cant wait to see when you guys have the chance to practice more the 20mins on a show day.

Congrats Buccs. A true class act. They know how to put on a show and know how to rock it out on show days.

Congrats to all who preformed there

Edited by DCAforLife

MCL, you guys look like your fighting for top spot in Class A. Way to go.

Psst....we're open class. :tongue:

"There is only so much latin then it becomes old, used and stale."

Doesn't seem to bother the Kingston Grenadiers this year, if you check out their choice of music.

OK true Ant - but you have to admit...

2002 Brigs' show title "Picasso Sketchbook"

2008 Cabs' show title "Sketches of Spain"

common thread - "Spanish Fantasy"

However, best of luck to the Cabs and to my "alma mater" the Brigadiers this season! Can't wait to see both shows!

Everyone is going to find what they think is a rip off of another show in someone elses show, even in winterguard....ppl saying oh they did this show in such and such a year and so and so is copying them.....etc...........Same goes for drum corps....however, if u want to truly note it, Cabs IS the Spanish Drum corps and they played Spanish Fantasy in 1996 before Brigs played it in 2002. Its all going to go round and round let's all just enjoy the music and stop with the little trivial stuff. Each corps has their own interpretation of the music...as each winterguard has theirs, its going to continue whether people like it or not...why not sit back and enjoy it. :tongue:

Edited by cabsguardmom

Genevieve and I just got back from Rochester and it was a great show! The weather was amazing and the stadium was packed! I took a couple of pictures of every corps and will post them tomorrow.

I wont give a review here but Cabs were my favorites! Although I didn't like their arrangement of Spanish Fantasy (probably because I am so used to Wayne's arrangements) and was really disappointed about the guards new uniforms. I was really looking forward to see the whole point and concept of the ninja looking costume all together with the music. Oh well, they still looked good!

DCA drumlines now have picked up on the DCI/winter drumline moves, both Brigs and Empire have drum solos with body movements. In fact, Brigs looks A LOT like Blue Devils' 07 drum break! It wasn't clean but it looked cool, and difficult. I took a video of it.

Anyway, I'll post a link to some pictures soon.

It was great to see everybody!

On another note - welcome Sun Devils to DCA! It was a pleasure sharing a housing site with you guys on Friday.

Also, I can speak for the entire Bucs pit when I say we had a blast doing a stretch circle with the Hurcs pit last night. You guys sound great. :tongue:

Thank you!

We had a great time housing with you also. GREAT SHOW by the way, I enjoyed it very much. The first big hit gave me goosebumbs up and down my arms. Can't wait to see you all again.

So Nick and Cheez didn't pay to get into the show? LOL

Nope. By the time they got to the show.......nobody was selling tickets. If you read Allen B's comments they oversold the show. NICE.