Teal Sound was robbed in LA

OK...first off, let me preface this by saying that the most important thing right now is to make sure the kids are taken care of, and that everything needs to be done to ensure that happens!

HOWEVER...I find it strange, and somewhat disturbing, that such a large sum of cash was being carried instead of using credit/debit cards. Having petty cash is one thing, a huge sum that would support both food and fuel for two weeks is another. And, that it was in a location that was accessible to strangers within the community at-large raises another red flag.

I am also curious as to the circumstances that led to the theft. While I'm willing to join the drum corps world in sending a donation, my confidence is not strong with regards to their choices on how to keep that money safe.

While I'm sure that many of the DCP universe are going to flame me for this, it's still a legitimate concern that the folks at Teal are going to have to address.

In the meantime, I truly wish the best for those kids and hope/pray that they finish the season strong!

Its a valid concern, but I think this is one of those "send money now, ask questions later" kind of deals. Im sure some kind of more press release will be coming, but right now there are more important things to deal with. I just sent in my donation :offtopic:

OK...first off, let me preface this by saying that the most important thing right now is to make sure the kids are taken care of, and that everything needs to be done to ensure that happens!

HOWEVER...I find it strange, and somewhat disturbing, that such a large sum of cash was being carried instead of using credit/debit cards. Having petty cash is one thing, a huge sum that would support both food and fuel for two weeks is another. And, that it was in a location that was accessible to strangers within the community at-large raises another red flag.

I am also curious as to the circumstances that led to the theft. While I'm willing to join the drum corps world in sending a donation, my confidence is not strong with regards to their choices on how to keep that money safe.

While I'm sure that many of the DCP universe are going to flame me for this, it's still a legitimate concern that the folks at Teal are going to have to address.

In the meantime, I truly wish the best for those kids and hope/pray that they finish the season strong!

I say GIVE THEM A BREAK. We all make mistakes and hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Donated.

I shared the same thoughts and concerns before I sent my donation, but for whatever the reason that it went down like it did, I want to do what I can to help the kids in their corps. They shouldn't have to pay for a gaffe by corps staff, if it was in fact a gaffe.

Donated.

Done. Best of luck from NY.

Done.

I really have to thank Teal Sound. A few weeks ago I was checking out repertoires for the 2008 and happened across Teal's program of Rajaton pieces. I quick search on iTunes revealed some really cool a cappella music. I bought the album and now have a few new favorites.

Good luck Teal.