"They're always ready!"

Drum Major is Your Corps Ready?

"They're Always Ready!"

Drunk drum corps fans, ugh! What are you going to do? I was just watching the Blue Devils "C" corps show on Fan Network, and someone actually took the time to yell this. 30-years ago, it was cool and funny, but now it just makes the people that do it sound like morons. My God people, can't we be more creative? It's old, tired, and frankly, sounds stupid.

Wondering if we can start kicking people out of the stadiums for doing this?

:P

(*OK, sarcasm off). But it really is annoying that we can't come up with something more original. Anyone have any ideas? Post'em here...

Edited by Newseditor44

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the story with this? When I first started paying attention to drum corps, I thought it was just a Madison thing that (some) people started doing for everyone. Is it tied to a corps or a story or anything?

I've never done that at a corps show, but at a high school marchign band show where my alma mater was performing against 1 other band in their class myself and some friends did it. We had gone to the show with soem of my friends from high school and some of our friends from the rival and when the first drum major got asked we did that "They're Always Ready!" To be different for the 2nd group we yelled "They're Always Ready! ..... Too!"

I can image that'd still get pretty old after a show of 10 or more corps though, lol

Heaven forbid an excited fan shows his emotion. I suppose they are to sit on their hands and have tape over their mouth? Why, so all the snobby music majors can hear what? The corps stand at attention

Being on the field, I would much rather hear the crowd than crickets churping.

More people complain and whine about stupid stuff on this forum than I have seen in my entire life.

What's the story with this? When I first started paying attention to drum corps, I thought it was just a Madison thing that (some) people started doing for everyone. Is it tied to a corps or a story or anything?

It's been done for decades, going back to the 50's. Nothing new here.

Annoying, yes, most of the time. But at the Milton, GA show a week or so ago, I forget which corps took the field, but this cute girl about 4 years old took it upon herself to yell "There aways weddy!!" when the whole stadium was quiet....it was one of those very cute and funny moments.

I'd be for " kicking people out of stadiums " if they are yelling out something stupid from the audience, if you'll support " kicking out of stadiums ", Corps that have performers yelling out something stupid from the field to the audience. Deal ?

Otherwise, stupid is, as stupid does. And just chuckle at the stupidity of the spectacle, and let it be.

Edited by BRASSO