It's not narration that's the problem, it's Cadets' pr

I hate lima beans. Flame me. Go ahead.

WHAT??!!!! HOW CAN YOU HATE LIMA BEANS??? I mean, the COLOR, THE TEXTURE!!! It's a GREAT BEAN!!!!

Of course I'm just kidding lol.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

So lets have a town hall meeting with GH and discuss it.

And that's part of the problem. People are assuming that he is trying to talk at drum corps world. Not many have actually talked with him to inquire about his motives. And sometimes it appears as if many of those people are using sites like this to spread wildfire until they seemingly try to get as many people as they can to jump on their bandwagon.

Okay, second time seeing The Cadets and when the 146 other members of the corps are allowed to perform THEY KICK IT!!!!

Too bad the only get to perform for about 7 to 8 minutes of the show, or this would be....well...you know!

B'

If only that were actually true.

I saw them at the Houston show and then SA. Broadway Corps - that is my description that I started using in '06. In comparison to the Coats, the Coats use the narration to back up the show. IMO, Cadets use the show to back up narration. I applaude the kids for bustin their butt - they put in as much (or more) as anyone that does or has marched, but by association, Cadets are obligated to follow this track until the rule can perhaps be revisited when key people retire?

:thumbup:

If only that were actually true.

It is true and you know it. The Cadets probably have more raw talent out there then any other corps. Hoppy's "vision" is keeping them from winning the ring they so richly deserve. That whole stage and voice crap has to go.

I saw them at the Houston show and then SA. Broadway Corps - that is my description that I started using in '06. In comparison to the Coats, the Coats use the narration to back up the show. IMO, Cadets use the show to back up narration. I applaude the kids for bustin their butt - they put in as much (or more) as anyone that does or has marched, but by association, Cadets are obligated to follow this track until the rule can perhaps be revisited when key people retire?

:thumbup:

Good point - I agree. I wasn't bothered by the Blucoats amp'd voice except that if they insist on using it - it should be understandable. Their sound system is junk and it was really difficult to understand what the "announcer" was saying. I really enjoyed the show anyway.

The main problem with the Cadets is that they are too #### good. I wouldn't care about the narration if they played badly, but they play and march masterfully.

It's almost like a person giving you the most delicious brownie ever. You begin to eat it and it is better than you could ever imagine. Then the person takes the brownie right out of your mouth and starts to talk about the right siding for your house.

It is true and you know it. The Cadets probably have more raw talent out there then any other corps. Hoppy's "vision" is keeping them from winning the ring they so richly deserve. That whole stage and voice crap has to go.

Sounds good, but doesn't seem to be true. The ineffective narration might be hurting their scores in some captions, but they still placed 5th in Brass Performance (0.9 behind BD), 6th in Percussion Performance (1.2 behind Phantom), and 4th in Colorguard (0.7 behind BD). The percussion number probably is a particular cause for concern. When's the last time the Cadets got beat by Carolina Crown in drums?

It is true that the hornline only plays 7 or 8 minutes out of 11 due to the narration? No, not true, but keep telling yourself that. The bulk of the time they are not playing is the perc feature(s). The narration is finally becoming a background in this show. It's not a championship show, but it is working.