The Blue Knights Have Gone Insane

My skin's plenty thick, thanks...

Something tells me you'd find it slightly less "refreshing" if some of your old Brothers were bagging on Madison.

That's all... I'll refrain from turning this into a pissing match with you.

No problem. I didn't march Madison. Never said I did. Just a fan. But thanks anyway.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My title wasn`t a question. It was a statement. A pun...a play on words. Not meant to be taken literally.

I know, I know. I was fighting humor with humor. Of course, though, I can get Serious Cat in here if you need me too.

I do think that BK went a bit too far this summer with their show. There's enough moments of brilliance to justify their ranking, but I was disappointed with the production. This could be the natural end of the pendulum swing, and things will be different next summer.

I don't want BK to change, just rein it back in.

To me, it seems like BK is in a transition period, in the sense that they are expanding their scope and capability. To me, that is what the staff is supposed to be doing. They are creating their own niche. There may be a breakout year for this corps. I am not the biggest fan of this years show as I was last years, but respect the difficulty and the kids are performing it. They could very well surge past SCV, and frankly I think they will.

I can see why one could think that, but the thing is we are not in a transitionary period. Transition implies change, and that is something the corps has not seen in years.

I know, I know. I was fighting humor with humor. Of course, though, I can get Serious Cat in here if you need me too.

No...no need for serious cat. That would be going a bit too "fur".

Defense calls Glory as its next witness:

Your pop definition of insanity is neither accurate nor appropriate here. Heck, if that were the standard, we'd have to call Scott Stewart and the Scouts insane too! More important, you can't call the corps "insane" and say it's constructive criticism because it's just not the way to go about it.

I feel the love. With no BK affiliation whatsoever, I look forward to their performance each year lately and haven't been disappointed. BK 2006 was easily one of my favorites of the year. And my affection for 2007 continues to grow. In fact, I was just listening to it again this week - some great licks in that ending.

Next witness.

HH

Same here. 06 and 07 are two of my favorites to watch and listen to over the past few years...especially listen to. This year isn't quite as strong for me, but it's still a show that I look forward to a lot every time a webcast comes up. Before 06 and 07, there hadn't been a BK show that I really loved since 99, either, so I'm not really a BK borg or anything. ;)

Wouldn`t it show a general lack of caring if I sat back silently and pretended I don`t see a problem? I suppose "trashing" is one way to look at what I did. "Trying to speak up and affect some change" might be another.

I'm just talking from experience. In the past I disagreed with the direction my old corps was heading and I sounded off on DCP.

Later hanging around with the corps I was called out by a few members for dissing them on a public forum. Although I thought I was

bringing up ligit points about what I thought should change they saw it as a disappointed alumnus who had no respect for them as a corps.

I was told by more than a few other people that we were a family and if I had a problem to keep it in the family.

My suggestion would be to keep things in perspective, there are young men & women the same age as drum corps kids dying overseas right now.

Call up and talk to the people in charge of BK and tell them what you think, I'm sure that would a much more effective way to "affect some change"

than sounding off on a public forum trashing your corps. Be positive man, take it from an old man - its better for your health.

Same here. 06 and 07 are two of my favorites to watch and listen to over the past few years...especially listen to. This year isn't quite as strong for me, but it's still a show that I look forward to a lot every time a webcast comes up. Before 06 and 07, there hadn't been a BK show that I really loved since 99, either, so I'm not really a BK borg or anything. ;)

The title made some noise. Got you fine folks to click on it and stroll on in here and have a nice sit-down with me about this-here-matter.

Thanks for your time and support of BK guys. I suppose you have your opinions about BK and I am not about to argue with you abou tthem. I am glad you enjoy our shows.

I can see why one could think that, but the thing is we are not in a transitionary period. Transition implies change, and that is something the corps has not seen in years.

I'm not sure I agree with that. While there are obviously commonalities in every BK show (as there are with most corps with an established identity), especially '99 on, I'd argue that there's a very different character in this show compared to 06/07 and 03/04/05. It might be a change that you don't care for, but I certainly don't things are stagnant.

I'm just talking from experience. In the past I disagreed with the direction my old corps was heading and I sounded off on DCP.

Later hanging around with the corps I was called out by a few members for dissing them on a public forum. Although I thought I was

bringing up ligit points about what I thought should change they saw it as a disappointed alumnus who had no respect for them as a corps.

I was told by more than a few other people that we were a family and if I had a problem to keep it in the family.

My suggestion would be to keep things in perspective, there are young men & women the same age as drum corps kids dying overseas right now.

Call up and talk to the people in charge of BK and tell them what you think, I'm sure that would a much more effective way to "affect some change"

than sounding off on a public forum trashing your corps. Be positive man, take it from an old man - its better for your health.

Well, from one old man to another, I am all for being positive. I would suggest that, if your fellow corps mates wanted to throw hate your way for speaking up and being honest, the problem lies with them-not you.