Allentown Alley (2)

Wow. I have been to a fair amount of shows in my time, but PR's Spartacus tonight was hands down the most emotional and goosebump filled journey I have ever experienced. You could see what was going to happen a fair bit before it did and then bam! Phantom Regiment now have one of the best, if not THE best show ever put on a field.

Allentown was fun, folks. We couldn't have asked for a better lineup, and many wonderful shows and lots of drama. Even if PR doesn't come out on top, which I feel they have a legitimate shot at, I am so happy about their show that it feels to me like in no longer matters. Crown was FABULOUS and had us out of our seat. I don't care what anyone says about narration, the Cadets are one DANG TALENTED group! And SCV brought it tonight. My biggest surprise was Crossmen. I REALLY enjoyed the show. Music was recognizable and they had some very nice GE and drill. My son loved the orange "X's".

By the way, my 5 year old and I were predicting scores. I had scored Carolina Crown at 94.9 and he scored them at 100 (which he later changed to 92). Then I scored PR at 95.75 (wow I was close) and he scored them a 788. Ya gotta love kids. Of course he missed all the slaughter and mayhem, which I was happy about. He wasn't quick enough to see each death.

Wow. Loved every minute of it.

There was no live feed. DCI has been posting the performances in the On-Demand section about 20 minutes after each corps. One of the DCI tech guys also posted the final retreat and PR encore on his TV Blog live.
Thanks

I checked the site, and Crown was posted already. The thread gave me the impression that there was a live feed.

Umm, Crown's guard in 3rd? Whoa Debbie. Let me watch these on demand clips immediately!

Must have been some uncharacteristic drops.

Umm, Crown's guard in 3rd? Whoa Debbie. Let me watch these on demand clips immediately!

Must have been some uncharacteristic drops.

There were a few drops and timing issues...as it was my first show of the year, I don't know if it was "uncharacteristic"...

I was there tonight and I cannot possibly see Crown's guard in 3rd! That is absolutely insane. Oh well, they will be fine in that caption during finals and I would be very surprised if they are not top 3 in that caption in Bloomington.

One funny thing I saw tonight and I don't know if it has been mentioned yet was that during the first Gladiator sequence of Phantom's show, Spartacus' sword broke during the fight! It broke right in half! And his rival simply gave Spartacus his sword -- I guess if you are dumb enough to give someone who just lost their sword your sword, then you deserve to die! It would have been a classic moment had that happened during the Finals performance -- right up there with the BD sop solo in '89.

I was there tonight and I cannot possibly see Crown's guard in 3rd! That is absolutely insane. Oh well, they will be fine in that caption during finals and I would be very surprised if they are not top 3 in that caption in Bloomington.

One funny thing I saw tonight and I don't know if it has been mentioned yet was that during the first Gladiator sequence of Phantom's show, Spartacus' sword broke during the fight! It broke right in half! And his rival simply gave Spartacus his sword -- I guess if you are dumb enough to give someone who just lost their sword your sword, then you deserve to die! It would have been a classic moment had that happened during the Finals performance -- right up there with the BD sop solo in '89.

Crap. I don't remember the BD sop solo; What happened?

I was there tonight but I didn't notice the sword breaking.

Crap. I don't remember the BD sop solo; What happened?

I was there tonight but I didn't notice the sword breaking.

what happened with the 89 bd sop solo? lol... it's indescribable. try and listen to it if you can. i'm honestly not sure what to say about it.