PR 2009 repertoire suggestion

Here's something for thought. Why don't they play New World Symphony in 2009?

It would be the 20th Anniversary.....AND it would be awesome. minus ride cymbal please and thank you.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't they do something they've never done before? Everyone seems to want them to just recycle shows :tongue:

Does nobody have faith that the show designers can come up with something exciting and original?

Mahler 8- Symphony of a Thousand.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Why can't they do something they've never done before? Everyone seems to want them to just recycle shows :tongue:

Does nobody have faith that the show designers can come up with something exciting and original?

Yes, I have faith. The designers come up with something exciting every year. I just feel that Symphonie Fantastique deserves another shot. IMO, this is one of the least known and most un(der)-appreciated shows in DCI and the music is right up Phantom's alley. Next year will be coming up on 29 years since they last performed it. Like Spartacus, I believe that's a long enough break. But, since they brought back Spartacus, I highly doubt they'll bring another show back from the dead. Which is why I brought up Bach. A rarely used composer and a hard sell on the field. But if anyone can pull off Bach, it's Phantom.

Edited by skajerk

Here's something for thought. Why don't they play New World Symphony in 2009?

This was brought up for their 2006 anniversary show, and I said back then that maybe 2005 Glassmen may have "ruined" PR's opportunity to play it again. A few years will have passed since Glassmen dug it up again, so maybe it's time...

This was brought up for their 2006 anniversary show, and I said back then that maybe 2005 Glassmen may have "ruined" PR's opportunity to play it again. A few years will have passed since Glassmen dug it up again, so maybe it's time...

Rather not see PR do New World again.... why mess with perfection. Watching that 89 show still gives me goosebumps.

Rather not see PR do New World again.... why mess with perfection. Watching that 89 show still gives me goosebumps.

I dunno, they're doing an awful good job with Spartacus! :tongue:

lohengrin(wagner), or new world symphony, if they had done it any other year than 89, it would have won