World Class Quarterfinals Discussion Thread

BTW, Phantom got a standing ovation in the theater I was in tonight. Did this happen anywhere else? They were probably the only corps that could sell it long distance cuz the volume was so low (as usual).

Yep. Literal standing O at my theater. No one else came close to that reaction - not even Crown.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, Phantom got a standing ovation in the theater I was in tonight. Did this happen anywhere else? They were probably the only corps that could sell it long distance cuz the volume was so low (as usual).

Biggest response of the night from our crowd, which was decidedly not very vocal or active most of the night.

Standing O at the New Brunswick theater in New Jersey.

And Hawthorne Caballero and old Muchachos were screaming when Brandt Crocker called our name. CLASSIC!!!

Random thoughts here because I'm tired and I AIN'T reading 71 pages!

Spirit, Colts. & Xmen....don't remember a whole lot.

Madison...OOOHHHHH YYYEEEAAAAAHHH!!! THAT'S the Madison we know and love!

Glassmen: Nice show

Boston....don't remember a whole lot.

Blue Stars: WELCOME BACK TO THE BIG SHOW!!!! Nicely done!

Blue Knights....don't remember a whole lot...like 07 better

Bluecoats....scary moment in our theater where the sound dropped out until just as the judged portion was starting...then some audio cut outs during thre fabulous bass feature...good show tho..and that brass bloc....OMFG!!!!

SCV....great drill,good show....thanks to those who told me where the yell was!

Cadets....hand down, the WEAKEST program I have seen from then in 25 years...where last year was stellar in all captions, THIS year just pales in comparison....and I certainly hope thoe two on the center stage didn't pay full tour fees for sitting on their ### the whole time and pantomiming everything. George, if you're gonna have those 2 portray the speakers, GIVE THEM THE ####### SPEAKING PART!! An utter and complete waste of talent.

Crown....fun show, good music, some VERY nice moments....appripriate placement....no way they're breaking top 3 with the shows in front of them.

Regiment....Could very WELL be the ring winner this year...certainly was the most popular in my theatre!! The best playacting to set up the show ever, a GREAT musical book, and a story line you did NOT need narration to follow (Hoppy take note)...it was VERY easy to see the one DM switching sides after Spartacus was killed off (and sorry for those who are freaked at the killing...I don't feel scarred at all....)

Cavies...superior to the 07 program....verhy nicely done...Gains got some better drugs because he was on the GOOD stuff when he wrote the drill! 3rd place for me...I have to put Regiment ahead of them.

BD...obviously I'm happy with 1st tonight, although they're FAR too close to Cavies for my taste. Well performed....scary good.

Fave show this year...Regiment...much like Crown last year.

Least favorite moment....the cameras...or maybe it was the broadcast at our theater. The soud cutouts were irritating, but the cameras didn't seem to be able to handle anything lit in bright sunlight....all the concert basses looked like they had the pox, and the green of the field that was NOT in shadow was so washed out it looked Photoshopped....and don't get me going on the out of focus shots during Xmen.

I like the idea of qrts in the theater, but the tech difficulties have GOT to be solved for paying customers.

How about that crying baby tonight? Great stuff eh?

Now that I just don't/can't/won't believe.

Scouts' guard has been bad all summer.

Bones' guard has been great all summer.

And then they switched for a day? Hmmm...

I just had to look at this again.

Scouts had a better guard score and just over x men...... they were much better then x-men tonight and out scored them with our worst judge. Scouts guard score should move up Friday.

I wouldn't say a standing o, but definately the best response of the night.

theatre I was at had Carolina Crown the audience favorite it seemed

Then Phantom Regiment

Then Boston Crusaders.

George Hopkins ( Cadets Director ) got some theatre applause for his candidness when he acknowledged with Rondo 's question " did you think this show design worked as well as intended.?...... and George Hopkins said frankly " No, it didn't "

Edited by BRASSO