Things you would like Corps to change for next year...

Didn't he arrange for Troopers? Or was that last year?

That was last year, if not 2005 as well (edited to add that I'm fuzzy on what years he was with Troop). This year was Dean Westman, though.

Edited by TerriTroop

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCI: Pass a rule proposal to permanently ban any type of woodwind instruments from the organization currently known as Drum Corps International or any of its future derivations. This way they would have to completely shut it down in order to corrupt it any more than it already is.

JMHO.

I kinda like it, looks sleek and still has that unique western cavalry feel.

That looks a little too much like Blue Knights to me.

(Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against BK's uniform (or anything else for that matter) but they are not the Troopers.

Everybody, please show some individual corps identity in the uniforms. Way too many corps look alike.

After all, "back in the day" did 27th look like BD? Did SCV look like Guardsmen? Did Madison look like Phantom?

NO!!! Each corps had its own look, its own style, and its own identity. BTW, special props to Cadets for staying, reasonably,

true to their traditional uniform.

Edited by Jocko the Wonder Llama

More individual corps identity in the music. The variety is missing.

BTW, special props to Cadets for staying, reasonably,

true to their traditional uniform.

When I marched, the Cadets still used the safety pin uniforms. I just saw a picture of their current uniforms the other day; my first time seeing them so close. I was really disappointed. Gauntlets that look like the piping on the sleeves? Why not just have the piping on the sleeves? The wrist shows either way. And the gold sash looked better when it covered the jacket. Not vice versa.

Oh well, times change.

When I marched, the Cadets still used the safety pin uniforms. I just saw a picture of their current uniforms the other day; my first time seeing them so close. I was really disappointed. Gauntlets that look like the piping on the sleeves? Why not just have the piping on the sleeves? The wrist shows either way. And the gold sash looked better when it covered the jacket. Not vice versa.

Oh well, times change.

I agree completely. As I said "reasonably, true to their traditional uniform." While there have been changes, you can still tell that it is "Gahfield".

That was last year, if not 2005 as well (edited to add that I'm fuzzy on what years he was with Troop). This year was Dean Westman, though.

I believe Chuck arrabged for Troopers the two years prior to them not fielding - so 2004 & 2005. I'm pretty sure when they returned in 2007 they used the Bluecoats arranger Doug Thrower.