Funniest Staff Comments/Rants on Tour

" And so and so staff member, do you have anything you want to tell the Corps members here before they go on the field tonight ? "

staff member pauses, reflects a moment, then says simply.......

" Don't suck "

( perfect, as it breaks the momentary tension, and everybody smiles and chuckles)

Edited by BRASSO

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We made a company front at the end of the show and one sop was consistently out of the form. Staff member yells from press box, "<insert name> would you please stand next to the person next to you!"

During a horn rehersal when a couple of sops were having trouble with a lick the horn instructor asked, "Do you know which valves to push down? <They nod yes> Do you understand the rythm? <They nod yes> Then do that."

During a walk from sectionals to full horn arc very early in the season it was me (I was 20 at the time), some 16 year old rookie-to-be, and the brass caption head. The 16 year old was good but chowed when going down the line because he was nervous, so as we walk the caption head is asking him questions. "How old are you? <16> Do you have a girlfriend? <Yes> Do you f&%^? <no reply> Because if not you really need to."

After "the hack" in '89. "He who lives by the soloist dies by the soloist."

Edited by lrienaeds

OK folks, time for the annual edition of the funniest rants/scoldings/sayings/lectures/one-liners from tour. Can be old our new, but would particularly love to hear from this years group about what was said.

Let'er rip!

June 1983

0200 (that's 2am)

On the bus somewhere in Wisconsin

Chris: "Hey Al, let's spin the contras and play 'Jaws'"

Lou: "Chris, SHUT UP or I will stab you"

I guess you had to be there...

During a walk from sectionals to full horn arc very early in the season it was me (I was 20 at the time), some 16 year old rookie-to-be, and the brass caption head. The 16 year old was good but chowed when going down the line because he was nervous, so as we walk the caption head is asking him questions. "How old are you? <16> Do you have a girlfriend? <Yes> Do you f&%^? <no reply> Because if not you really need to."

Let me guess... Frank said that?

My favorite one:

1997- Council Bluffs Iowa- First stop on first tour and first rehearsal on tour.

Jason Buckigham to struggling Sopranos: (Me included) "There's no way you can play that any worse Sopranos." "In fact, you're NOT SOPRANOS, YOU'RE TRUMPETS!!!" "TAKE A LAP TRUMPETS!!" So we get back to horn arc and play passage again, and Buckingham says "You gotta be kidding me, you're still not Sopranos, TAKE ANOTHER LAP TRUMPETS!!!!" We get back to horn arc and he says: "I'm not even gonna listen to you play it, just keep RUNNING TRUMPETS!!!! Mearly mile later we got to rejoin rehearsal. Of course now adays being called a trumpet doesn't have the same meaning, but we got the point. Jason had a lot of great one liners that I cannot repeat but he always made it fun!! :tongue:

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Dutch Boy 1984, at one of those dog-daze-of-summer rehearsals where the corps seemed to be getting worse instead of better. Marc Sylvester, after yet another weak effort, asking the drum major to take it one more time:

"Tyrone - start them again, before I puke."

Marc really had a way with words.

Fred O.