Most Beautiful Musical Moment of 2008

Ahhhhhh, Pavanne.....

So unexpected......so beautiful.

It is leaps and bounds above the rest. I don't expect it on the DVD, but I do have a recording of it with a faulty announcer microphone in the middle of it.

I love the fact that Blue Stars brought the single most beautiful moment on the field before they started their show.....to add to that I LOVED THEIR SHOW!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarah Jones' emotional life story........JUST KIDDING.

But seriously probably the mello soloist. perhaps the best solo in history of DCI.

I bring my dad to drum corps shows from time to time, and as someone that was in choir/sang a lot in his adult life, he always complains when drum corps try to sing. He admitted that Bluecoats almost made him change his mind about that one.

I've been singing since I was 11, now teach middle school and high school chorus, have sung in lots of ensembles of high caliber and I have the same reaction as your dad. That includes the reaction to Bluecoats. (singing is hard to pull off on a field because you don't have an acoustic environment that supports and reveals the nature of the voice very well.)

BlueStars On Field WarmUp- WHOAH!! Outstanding. :tongue::worthy::worthy:

Bluecoats during the Boxer - Sheer power and emotion from the Hornline. :smile::worthy::worthy:

Phantom Soloist :worthy::smile::worthy:

Edited by Zeke

Glassmen's ballad.

Totally agree. This was a beautiful musical moment that I will never forget!!!

The Boxer.

Loved Faure's Pavane as the Stars' pre-show warmup, too. I've got the weirdest recording of that Pavane with a 1st Soprano singing the melody, and taking it up a couple of octaves from time to time...really eerie-but beautiful-effect.

Ditto for Blue Stars' Pavane. Fell in love with it in like March when they posted a video on YouTube. The rest of the show is just as beautiful in my book, easily in the top ten musical programs of this decade.

All of the above..... especially Crown's opening hit and The Boxer.

One not mentioned so far was Blue Devils' "quasi-ballad", "I Will Wait For You"