After all the staff changes, your 2009 predictions

I thought this would be fun to see the movement people think will happen.

1. The Cadets

I see a Corps angry at how it's been seen for the past few years ready to charge itself back into first place. Will be ahead by at least a point for most of season

2. The Cavaliers

After winning 5 of the last 9 years, it must be hard for The Cavaliers to sit in third place for two years running. Expect a different book from the hornline, but still with a strong focus on visual package (like always)

3. Blue Devils

I think the focus of the two corps above them will be enough to hold them down to 3rd.

4. Carolina Crown

This corps is here to stay in the top 4, ready to move up if any corps above shows weakness.

5. Phantom Regiment

Just like 2007, I expect another great show that just doesn't feel as right as the year before.

6. SCV

Young corps that is moving on to a second year under a new brass staff.

7. Blue Stars

Same as SCV, hungry corps ready to move up and claw any corps above it. Expect them, SCv, and Bc to fight all year.

8. Bluecoats

Unfortunately, this is the biggest fall I see, with lots of members going elsewhere, and a lot of staff changes.

9. Blue Knights

10th. Boston Crusaders

11th. Madison Scouts

12th. Glassmen

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The Cadets

I see a Corps angry at how it's been seen for the past few years ready to charge itself back into first place. Will be ahead by at least a point for most of season

2. The Cavaliers

After winning 5 of the last 9 years, it must be hard for The Cavaliers to sit in third place for two years running. Expect a different book from the hornline, but still with a strong focus on visual package (like always)

3. Blue Devils

I think the focus of the two corps above them will be enough to hold them down to 3rd.

4. Carolina Crown

This corps is here to stay in the top 4, ready to move up if any corps above shows weakness.

5. Phantom Regiment

Just like 2007, I expect another great show that just doesn't feel as right as the year before.

6. SCV

7. Blue Stars

Same as SCV, hungry corps ready to move up and claw any corps above it. Expect them, SCv, and Bc to fight all year.

8. Bluecoats

Unfortunately, this is the biggest fall I see, with lots of members going elsewhere, and a lot of staff changes.

9. Blue Knights

10th. Boston Crusaders

11th. Madison Scouts

12th. Glassmen

Well....hardly a bold prediction :whistle: , but I mostly agree.

I'm waiting several more weeks before I think about this stuff. It's too early! :whistle:

1. Regiment repeat baby!!

2. Cadets, sans narration show wins all summer until finals night.

3. Blue Devils, crystal clean again, but sterile feel of shows beginning to wear.

4. Cavies, visually stunning as usual, but music isn't enough.

5. Crown, hope they're higher but we'll see.

6. Blue Stars, continues their upward movement, gets 4th in drums.

7. SCV, good, but not good enough

8. Madison, comes out strong and competes hard all year, no question the "flash" is back.

9. Bluecoats, good design, but a young corps and drumline struggles under new caption head.

10. Crossmen, good, solid, basic, drum corps show.

11. Boston, meh show, but cleaner than 08.

12. Colts, BK, Spirit clamour to make the night show, Colts by a slim margin.

1. Regiment repeat baby!!

2. Cadets, sans narration show wins all summer until finals night.

3. Blue Devils, crystal clean again, but sterile feel of shows beginning to wear.

4. Cavies, visually stunning as usual, but music isn't enough.

5. Crown, hope they're higher but we'll see.

6. Blue Stars, continues their upward movement, gets 4th in drums.

7. SCV, good, but not good enough

8. Madison, comes out strong and competes hard all year, no question the "flash" is back.

9. Bluecoats, good design, but a young corps and drumline struggles under new caption head.

10. Crossmen, good, solid, basic, drum corps show.

11. Boston, meh show, but cleaner than 08.

12. Colts, BK, Spirit clamour to make the night show, Colts by a slim margin.

Did Bluecoats lose their caption head too? MacIntosh was the arranger for the past few years. Ray Ulibarri has been the caption head. I didn't read where he was gone.

1. Crown. Call it a hunch.

2. Cadets. If they go back to what they do well, they will be on fire.

3. Regiment. Another very strong corps with lots of talent, but no show can really follow "Spartacus"

4. Devils. Clean, clean, clean, but the loosely related effects don't bode well with the judges... or the fans.

5. Cavaliers. Solid design, but not as clean as previous years.

6. Blue Stars. Surprise, surprise. With the additions in percussion and some fixes in guard, along with another strong design, these kids will be on fire.

7. Vanguard. Staff changes... with a strong show, this corps gains momentum for the future.

8. Bluecoats. Major staff changes... and a lot of new members. Not predicting great things for the boys in blue.

9. BK. Always strong, but not so clean. Boring shows.

10. Boston. These kids too... always strong, but not so clean.

11. Madison. Continuing to build momentum with vintage shows

12. Troopers. Back in finals.

1. The Cadets

2. The Cavaliers

3. Blue Devils

4. Carolina Crown

5. Phantom Regiment

6. SCV

7. Blue Stars

8. Bluecoats

9. Blue Knights

10th. Boston Crusaders

11th. Madison Scouts

12th. Glassmen

This, except I think there will a battle between Cadets and Cavies up to finals night.

Did Bluecoats lose their caption head too? MacIntosh was the arranger for the past few years. Ray Ulibarri has been the caption head. I didn't read where he was gone.

Sorry my bad, I thought Mike was the caption head.

Hmm, everyone seems to think that staff turnover = lower placement for Bloo.

I'm compelled to ponder "why?"

What if Bloo finds equally-qualified and/or better-qualified replacements?

Would you still put Bloo lower, considering those possibilites? has anyone even considered those possibilities?

Something...SOMETHING...causes people to think (based on their experience, no doubt) that a corps generally FALLS in placement after major staff turnover, NO MATTER WHO FILLS THE SPOTS. Sunds like an INERTIAL problem to me... :whistle: