Bluecoats 2009 Show

The implied lettering, while not a specific technique of Magritte, seems to serve an intent similar to some of his work.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random post of the year...how come people at Bluecoats use acronyms like "BC"-this and "BC"-that, and then correct non-Bloo people when they use the term "Blue Coats?"

Imagine That.

Touché. However, I don't think I'd feel right just putting B.

Quote: "All the "blue" corps are copying someone. Instead of BD or BC or BK, they should just go by the second letter. i.e. I marched with D. Or I march with K. Or I marched wit he C. Or I marched with the S."

LOL! Just imagine the fun to be had with the initials of Wisconsin's "Blue" team...

"Did you see that BS on the field!"

"Oh, that's typical BS."

"They're just a bunch of BS."

LOL!

I know I personally never used that, and never will. And that's a good reason why right there. I also don't like to sound like I'm copying BD.

I don't like to use it because I think it will cause confusion with Boston Crusaders, even though most people tend to use BAC for them. "Bloo" works for me.

And though I don't like to see Blue Coats, its not that big a deal. I don't see too many people jumping all over the announcers when they use "The Bluecoats" or "The Phantom Regiment", even though that's technically not correct. In fact, it's even on the front page of Bloo's website both ways right now.

And another corps releases a show title with no other information at all. How is one supposed to get excited over a word?

Corps X is proud to present: "Cheese"

ZOMG IT'S GOING TO BE THE BEST SHOW EVAR!!!!!!111!!!!1!one1!!!!!

Well....Bluecoats' record on this has been 2 for 2 so far...."Criminal" and "Knockout" were both great programs. (mmmmmmmmm....the brass chorale in "The Boxer".....corpsgasm!)

Edited by 84BDsop

The implied lettering, while not a specific technique of Magritte, seems to serve an intent similar to some of his work.

Actually, you have it all wrong....they're letting US imagine the show, then willcome out with the music of PDQ Bach. :lol:

(which wouldn't be a bad show, actually!)

Showing my age...

Or...maybe they are going to use the theme song from "The Avengers" in their show...and dress the guard in Mrs. Peel's super sexy black-cat-burglar-outfit. :lol:

Yes! Emma Peel, mmmmmm......

I think Lennon wrote "Imagine" after the Beatles broke up....so if they use it, you're technically safe!

Hopefully no one will think of micking a Yoko Ono clone...

Not really. Yoko still controls his music. She takes a LONG time to approve. And more often than not, denies use.

Just ask Jenison HS in 2007.

Not really. Yoko still controls his music. She takes a LONG time to approve. And more often than not, denies use.

Just ask Jenison HS in 2007.

Well...I was referring to his threat if BEATLES music was used....."Imagine" is not a Beatles chart.