Thoughts and Prayers Please - Cozy Baker Hospitalized

JohnD

TO ALL: I called the hospital,this morning,11:30 A.M. (EST) and Cozy is still in stable condition.please continue to keep Cozy in your thoughts and prayers!

Thank you for posting these updates, Steve. Get better, Cozy!!!!

Fran

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recieved the following up-date,via email,from cozys family,at 11/21/08 @8:07 p.m.: "the medical staff reports that they have begun the process of weaning cozy off the respirator,by adjusting the oxygen level from 60% to 50%,and have decreased the respirations from 24 to 20.the infection in cozys lungs is still an issue,however. his therapist indicated the fluid coming from his lungs has shown improvement.his blood count was @21 which is borderline.if his bone marrow is not producing enough,he may need blood.there has been no decision as yet,as to the duration of the antibiotic regimen,from 2 weeks or 4 to 8 weeks." i took the liberty of abbreviating the email to give all of you the clinical facts as they are now.it is obvious that cozy will have a long battle.please keep him in your prayers and thoughts. more up-dates,as i recieve them from his family.

i have been on a respirator before. it takes a long time to recover from that under any circumstance. hopefully they can get the infection under control. some of those lung infections are nasty. i've had them before. we'll keep him in our prayers. this may be a long battle but he'll be fine . i'm sure of it. sounds like they are doing all the right things.

Thanks for the updates. I read this news late last night and was saddened beyond words. I will keep Cozy and his family in my thoughts.

Cozy,

All the best thoughts and intentions towards you for a speedy recovery. Jeez, what happened?

Joey

I have merged the two Cozy Baker threads to keep the information and updates together.

Please utilize this thread if you have any updates and to send Cozy your thoughts.

Also, from a previous post by hairbear, Cozy is at:

VA medical center

700 S.19th street

Birmingham, Alabama

phone #:205-933-8101 (6th floor ICU) Micheal Baker

flowers,cards and well wishes can be sent to this address

thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery!

Prayers and Thoughts given from your drum corps brothers down here, Cozy. Keep strong.

Keep strong brother!