Dutch Boy 1990

Wow, I remember the crowd reaction these kids got, and how I got goose bumps when we found out they made finals. Always the bridesmaid, it was awesome to see them in finals. I would have to say one of the best crwd reactions for a 12th pace corps every, with the exception of Hutch in 1988.

This show has always been one of my favorites, very entertaining. Great hornline and guard. I was thrilled that they made finals that year.

Wow, I remember the crowd reaction these kids got, and how I got goose bumps when we found out they made finals. Always the bridesmaid, it was awesome to see them in finals. I would have to say one of the best crwd reactions for a 12th pace corps every, with the exception of Hutch in 1988.

...and their Color Guard was freaking hot.

DW

Good corps, as were the three 13th place editions of DB ('88, '89 and '91) - all arguably worthy of the Saturday night show. The line between 12th and 13th place is often a fine thread!

peace,

Fred O.

Good corps, as were the three 13th place editions of DB ('88, '89 and '91) - all arguably worthy of the Saturday night show. The line between 12th and 13th place is often a fine thread!

peace,

Fred O.

Unfortunately, I have first-hand experience of that fine thread... ('92 by .1)

Awesome corps that year. That was the closest DCI has been to Las Vegas.....ever. They were arch rivals of my corps for several years....but the hot guard more than made up for them being the hated enemy.

Unfortunately, I have first-hand experience of that fine thread... ('92 by .1)

And that was one year I WISH there'd been a tie for 12th...I would LOVE to see the 92 Gmen show....have always loved the music (the backfield mellos at the end of "Madre de la Terra"....mmmmmmmmmmmm.........)

I'm not sure which is more painful....missing finals by .1 or losing the ring by .1...I could see arguments for both.

Edited by 84BDsop

That was a fun season, and a GREAT NIGHT!!!!!

And yes, the guard was HOT!!!!!!

Good corps, as were the three 13th place editions of DB ('88, '89 and '91) - all arguably worthy of the Saturday night show.

When I marched St. Johns, our percussion caption head was a snare drummer from Dutch Boy. He used to say the corps motto was "Dutch Boy - We finish 13th so you don't have to." :tongue: